Anger Quotes (60 Sayings)
- 1 And Our Expert Says…
- 2 Truthful Quotes about Anger and Hatred
- 3 Popular Quotations on Anger and Love
- 4 Useful Movie Quotes about Anger Management
- 5 Wise Buddhist Quotes on Anger Issues
- 6 Bible Quotes about Anger and Rage for Everybody
- 7 Valuable Sayings to Help You with Letting Go of Anger
- 8 Rational Quotes about Being Angry and Frustrated
- 9 Quotes on Anger to Read When You’re Mad
- 10 Images with Quotes on Angry People
There are so many situations in life, that can provoke your anger or anxiety, aren’t there? All people have their own threshold of patience. Sometimes, even an insignificant thing may make you lose your self-control! Are you familiar with the moments when you are up in arms about everything? In these situations, it seems that you want to kill everybody who annoys you. Don’t be afraid of admitting this: it’s ok since we are all human beings! The variety of quotes connected with anger and rage are presented in the post to open your eyes to the nature of your emotions.
Although anger seems to be an absolute human phenomenon, we shouldn’t forget that it’s the kind of destructive emotions. Wrath, hatred, and anger may destroy you and all beautiful feelings! When you’re angry, you cannot control yourself, your words and actions. It’s impossible to enjoy the life, fall in love with somebody or make true friends if you cannot control your anger! Quotes about being angry and frustrated can be used as a good example of an intoxicating nature of these feelings!
Do you feel that something or somebody is making you lose your temper? Don’t let your problems and bad people incite you! It’s easy to get pissed off, but it’s really hard to calm down! Everything is in your head: if you change your attitude towards life and face all of its difficulties, you’ll be able to let go of anger. Try doing this with the help of quotes on anger issues!
Why do you need to apply to quotations and sayings about letting go of anger? It can be easily explained! Angry people are vulnerable not only emotionally, but also physically. If it’s easy to make you angry, it’s not hard to control you. Don’t forget that the life isn’t a movie. Who wants to be constantly influenced? Nobody wants! Quotes about anger management will tell you how to behave when anger and rage are about to attack you!
And Our Expert Says…
- One of the surprising yet helpful things to know about anger management is that it is often aided by expressing anger rather than by stifling it. Many people with anger management problems have a strategy of trying to avoid giving in to feelings of anger because they have a pattern of angry outbursts they wish to break. They don’t realize that oftentimes, the way to break a pattern of angry outbursts is to learn how to express frustration or irritation at lower levels rather than letting those irritations build silently. Anger’s productive function is often to help us defend our boundaries, so trying to ignore it unless it feels super urgent or intense is often a mistake. It can be helpful to journal or vent to a friend to help you find the words to express why you’re feeling upset, or what limits you’d like to set, and then consider the most productive way to address the source of your anger. Remember, the best answer is not always silence: sometimes, learning to express yourself before you reach a boiling point is actually the best answer.
- Many people with anger issues have such a knee jerk reaction of trying to stifle their anger that they actually lose touch with what’s bothering them till they’re already seeing red. To help yourself break the habit of stifling your anger till it reaches a boiling point, try congratulating yourself when you realize you’re getting irritable. This helps normalize the experience of getting frustrated and sets the stage for you to address the source of the problem when it’s at a manageable level. Sometimes the answer is peaceful meditations or finding ways to increase your frustration tolerance, but sometimes the answer is actually to express yourself directly in a rational, empathetic manner– which is much easier if you address the issue before it becomes overwhelmingly frustrating!
- Disclaimer: If you ever find yourself having thoughts of doing actual physical harm to self or others due to anger or any other reason, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Truthful Quotes about Anger and Hatred
Both anger and hatred are connected. As a rule, these feelings fuel each other. If you hate somebody or something, you can become angry only because of thinking about this. Who suffers from it? It’s not the target of your hatred as you may think. It’s you! Find the truth in the following quotes about anger and hatred:
- Angry people are not always wise. – Jane Austen
- Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean. – Maya Angelou
- Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. – Ambrose Bierce
- Usually when people are sad, they don’t do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change. – Malcolm X
- Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you. – Joel Osteen
- Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Anger is stupid, and stupidity will kill you more surely than your opponent’s blade. – Patricia Briggs
Popular Quotations on Anger and Love
It seems that such feelings as anger and love have nothing in common. However, the connection between love and anger is evident! Of course, you may laugh at this, but the absence of love in somebody’s life influences the emotional state of the person. Everyone needs to feel something pleasant to develop positive emotions. On the other hand, love is the feeling that can let your anger out! Enjoy the quotations on anger and love!
- I’m not really sure why. But… do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don’t think so. That’s what makes the betrayal hurt so much – pain, frustration, anger… and I still loved her. I still do. – Brandon Sanderson
- Vanity was stronger than love at sixteen and there was no room in her hot heart now for anything but hate. – Margaret Mitchell
- Love is like the story of Frankenstein. You love the creation of your love until it turns against you then all you want to do is kill it. – Martin Shows
- If you’re angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug – which is all the more reason to do so. It’s hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that’s precisely what happens when we hug each other. – Walter Anderson
- You should make a woman angry if you wish her to love. – Publilius Syrus
- Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love. – Leo Buscaglia
- The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present. – Barbara De Angelis
Useful Movie Quotes about Anger Management
People are used to giving vent to their feelings. However, it’s not always an appropriate and effective way to feel better. Sometimes, the burst of emotions may even damage. Anger management seems to be a real art! Unfortunately, it’s hard to master it. If you are a person who has the impulse for anger, quotes, collected from a popular “Anger Management” movie, will be useful for you!
- Let me explain something to you, Dave. There are two kinds of angry people in this world: explosive and implosive. Explosive is the kind of individual you see screaming at the cashier for not taking their coupons. Implosive is the cashier who remains quiet day after day and finally shoots everyone in the store. You’re the cashier. – Dr. Buddy Rydell
- Now then we need to go over some ground rules. You are to refrain from any any acts of violence including verbal assault and vulgar hand gestures. You may not use rage enhancing substances, such as caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, crack cocaine, slippy-flippy’s, jelly stingers, trick sticks, bing bangs or flying willards. – Dr. Buddy Rydell
- Alright, I’m going to need for you to retard your anger level a few notches and listen to me, can you do that? – Dr. Buddy Rydell
- Hi. Good news, I fed my anger monkey a banana this morning and he’s feeling much better. – Dave Buznik
- “Goosfraba!” – Dave Buznik
“That is good! Slower.” – Dr. Buddy Rydell
“Goosfraba!” – Dave Buznik
“How do you feel?” – Dr. Buddy Rydell
“Better.” – Dave Buznik
- Ohh, the anger sharks are swimming in my head! – Nate
- He’s angry. It’s a sickness, not a crime. – Buddy
Wise Buddhist Quotes on Anger Issues
Buddhist monks are considered to be the most discreet and wise people. Why not to use their wisdom for our own purposes? Anger issues have always been at the center of attention of the Buddha’s followers. They are those, who have found the solutions for many problems, connected with anger. Want to know something about it? Apply to the Buddhist quotes on anger issues which you’ll find below:
- The best fighter is never angry. – Lao Tzu
- To be angry is to let others’ mistakes punish yourself. – Buddha
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. – Buddha
- Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth. – Gautama Buddha
- An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside.– Gautama Buddha
- Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. – Gautama Buddha
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. – Buddha
Bible Quotes about Anger and Rage for Everybody
The Bible is the source of wise thoughts for both religious and non–religious people. Anger and rage are among vital problems, raised in the sacred book. If you don’t want to read the whole Bible to get a piece of knowledge about the problem of negative feelings, you’ll appreciate Bible quotes about anger and rage!
- Let not the sun go down upon your wrath. – Jim Beaver
- My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.
- Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
- Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick–tempered displays folly.
- Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret – it leads only to evil. For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
- He who restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.
- For pressing milk produces curds, pressing the nose produces blood, and pressing anger produces strife.
Valuable Sayings to Help You with Letting Go of Anger
Do you feel that anger prevails all other emotions? You cannot control your emotions? Don’t allow your wrath to spoil your life and the relationships with people, surrounding you! Letting go of anger will help you to avoid the problems like these ones. For this purpose, you’d better refer to the following sayings:
- When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred. – Thomas Jefferson
- Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it…Don’t allow his anger to become your anger. – Bohdi Sanders
- The greatest remedy for anger is delay. – Thomas Paine
- Do not let your anger lead to hatred, as you will hurt yourself more than you would the other. – Stephen Richards
- Whenever you are angry, take a beautiful object in your house and smash it to pieces. The pity you feel for what you have done is silly compared to what you are doing to your mind: taking a sacred moment to be alive and desecrating it by being angry. – Kamand Kojouri
- Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- I was very fortunate to play sports. All the anger in me went out. I had to do what I had to do. If you stay angry all the time, then you really don’t have a good life. – Willie Mays
Rational Quotes about Being Angry and Frustrated
Have you ever thought how many problems we could avoid if we didn’t forget to use the head when the life surprises us? You should try perceiving all difficulties with the mind, not emotions! Being angry and frustrated, you’ll never find the necessary solution to your problems. However, quotes about being angry and frustrated will come in handy!
- Bitter people are not interested in what you say, but what you hide. – Shannon L. Alder
- As long as anger, paranoia and misinformation drive our political debate, there are unhinged souls among us who will feel justified in turning to violent remedies for imagined threats. – David Horsey
- I realized that if my thoughts immediately affect my body, I should be careful about what I think. Now if I get angry, I ask myself why I feel that way. If I can find the source of my anger, I can turn that negative energy into something positive. – Yoko Ono
- One doesn’t generally look into mirrors when one is especially angry; one has better things to do, like pace the floor or throw things. – Robin McKinley
- When you are angry try your best to go to sleep, it keeps you away from speaking, writing and thinking while you are angry. – Amit Kalantri
- If you cannot stop yourself from getting angry, then at least get angry about things that matters. – Amit Kalantri
- You as a whole person are thus unable to reconcile conflicts about anger and learn to tolerate and express anger in healthy ways. Inner turmoil and dissociation are maintained. – Suzette Boon
Quotes on Anger to Read When You’re Mad
What do you usually do when you’re mad? Perhaps, you try to blame everyone for your problems. Maybe, you take your frustration out on close people, hurting them in this way. Both variants aren’t a good decision for you! When you’re mad, don’t hurry up to react somehow. Calm down, read quotes on being angry, and only then decide what to do!
- Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves. – Mitch Albom
- It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses. – William Arthur Ward
- My recipe for dealing with anger and frustration: set the kitchen timer for twenty minutes, cry, rant, and rave, and at the sound of the bell, simmer down and go about business as usual. – Phyllis Diller
- We should meet abuse by forbearance. Human nature is so constituted that if we take absolutely no notice of anger or abuse, the person indulging in it will soon weary of it and stop. – Mahatma Gandhi
- I really believe that all of us have a lot of darkness in our souls. Anger, rage, fear, sadness. I don’t think that’s only reserved for people who have horrible upbringings. I think it really exists and is part of the human condition. I think in the course of your life you figure out ways to deal with that. – Kevin Bacon
- It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either. –Wayne Dyer
- Before her angry impulses got the better of her, she admonished herself that she was born to win and that one did not win by throwing temper tantrums––at least not outside of one’s own home, which could result in vicious, spurious rumors. – Anna Godbersen
Images with Quotes on Angry People
Are you ready to have friends who are like a bear with a sore head all the time? Nobody likes communicating with angry people! You shouldn’t deter close to you people with your anger or bad mood. Images with quotes on angry people may explain to you how awful angry people are!