Lost Love Quotes (84 Sayings)
- 1 The List Of Long Lost Love Quotes For Her
- 2 Heartbreaking Quotes About Losing Love For Him
- 3 The Best Love Is Lost Quotes And Sayings
- 4 Inspirational Quotes About Lost Love And Moving On
- 5 Interesting Quotations About Love That Was Lost
- 6 Love and Loss Quotes For The Heartbroken
- 7 Losing The One You Love Quotes
The loss of someone you love is a painful life challenge that, unfortunately, happens at least once to all of us. This emotional experience can make you suffer and cry. It often leads to a depressive state of mind and it isn’t always easy to deal with losing the love of your life quickly. However, you have to live through this difficult experience and learn from it. You probably know that time is the best medicine in this case, but, keep in mind, it’s not the only one. Here we’ve gathered some of the most inspirational and wisest lost love quotes that comfort you and heal your wounded heart.
The List Of Long Lost Love Quotes For Her
Disappointment in love is inevitable and it usually deeply hurts the feelings of the fairer sex. Most women think that they can never love again. It’s a great delusion! Below you’ll find long and extremely long lost love quotes for her that help you understand how to cope with heartbreak.
- All the most powerful emotions come from chaos – fear, anger, love- especially love. Love is chaos itself. Think about it! Love makes no sense. It shakes you up and spins you around. And then, eventually, it falls apart.
- I have loved and I have lost and I’m starting to believe; it’s okay. Sometimes what we “think” is best for us, is only the beginning of what is truly “meant” for us. And if I have loved, so deeply the wrong heart; I am content in knowing the greatest love I will ever experience, hasn’t even begun yet.
- Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
- Losing you was never a part of the plan. We were supposed to be together, forever. But I lost you anyway because things do not go always according to the plan. I accept this loss, and I am moving on, but I will never stop loving you. Maybe someone will replace you, but you will always be the one I loved the most.
- I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken – and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.
- Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now.
- You’re the reason behind my smile, you’re the reason for my laughter, and also for the reason for my happiness… because you’ve shown me what love is but I never thought you’re also the reason for my tears and for experiencing the greatest pain that could ever happen to me…
- Falling out of love is very enlightening. For a short while you see the world with new eyes.
- I know that’s what people say – you’ll get over it. I’d say it, too. But I know it’s not true. Oh, you’ll be happy again, never fear. But you won’t forget. Every time you fall in love it will be because something in the man reminds you of him.
- Life teaches us so many lessons. Life is the only real teacher. The most important lesson it teaches us is a loss. The loss is an only loss when you lose something you love. Losing something you never had any attachment with, is not a loss. Maybe that is why love and loss have such a deep connection.
- Any relationship should have love, and if there is no love, it is better to call off a relationship. People say that love happens only once, but I don’t believe in it because for me, if one relationship doesn’t work, you should move on and seek love in another relationship. Who knows; you might find love in the second relationship.
- All that remains to us when love and glory are over, when adventures and passions have faded into the past, is but a deeper and ever-deepening sense of the infinite; and if we have not that within us, then are we destitute indeed.
Heartbreaking Quotes About Losing Love For Him
When love is lost and you feel an empty heart, it’s time to do some soul-researching, it’s time to find the deepest quote on love lost and reconsider your attitude to women. We’ll get you the chance. Check out these quotes about losing love for him and try to make the right conclusions.
- This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time when I can eventually let you go.
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; all that we deeply love becomes a part of us.
- She was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subtle nuances. She was a prism through which sadness could be divided into its infinite spectrum.
- Love is the one thing that makes us the most vulnerable. People can hurt you, without even hurting you.
- We loved with a love that was more than love.
- I can write the saddest poem of all tonight. To think I don’t have her. To feel that I’ve lost her. To hear the immense night, more immense without her. And the poem falls to the soul as dew to grass.
- When I close my eyes I see you; When I open my eyes I miss you.
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- I will never truly get over your loss, but there is nothing left to do but move on and make way for a bright and new day.
- No one wants to lose love. But was it ever in our power to choose what we get to keep and what we do not? It hits you when you least expect it.
- Love isn’t there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure.
- Incidents of the past – a lost love, a missed opportunity – shape us and make us what we are.
The Best Love Is Lost Quotes And Sayings
The pain of separation and the fear of being alone always come with lost true love and are often accompanied by a huge number of wise thoughts. We’ve decided to collect such sad but smart sayings because unhappy love is the best creator of inner strength and wisdom.
- There can be no great love without great pain.
- Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.
- I don’t think, until you’ve actually lost somebody you really love, that you can go through that door that allows you to be grown-up.
- When you run out of love, it’s really hard to understand whether you have lost your heart or your heart has lost you…
- If you can’t get someone out of your head, maybe they are supposed to be there.
- If you don’t leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future. Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.
- Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.
- You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back..
- Never let loss decide, it only tends to make the wrong decisions.
- My love, you left me here in the dark, to taste the pain of loss. But guess what? I found my way through that darkness, I found a light in that darkness. Now I know the taste of pain, but I am immune to it, it cannot hurt me anymore, and all credits goes to you. Thank you for making me stronger, my love.
- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass – It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.
- Lost love is like watching a beautiful sunset on the beach disappear and the night never turns to day. You take for granted the time you had and you dream of the sun rising again.
Inspirational Quotes About Lost Love And Moving On
If you want to find inspiration that calms your mind and opens your soul for a new relationship, you’ve come to the right place. We’re sure that our motivational quotes about lost love and moving on will encourage you in this hard moment of your life.
- Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
- I thought when love for you died, I should die. It’s dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on.
- Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.
- Maybe it’s not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it’s about starting over and creating something better.
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.
- Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.
- When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
- You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
- All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
- Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
- When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.
Interesting Quotations About Love That Was Lost
Some lost love quotes can make you even sadder than you are. This happens because when you read them, you start thinking about your partner who is no longer with you. But the quotation about love that was lost can be interesting and rather instructive. They may also help you get through the loss of love. Just look below.
- Sometimes you just need to run away just to see who will come after you.
- To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose, the next best.
- Losing you was like losing a limb. I could function, but there was always something missing.
- Who knows how long I’ve loved you, you know I love you still. Will I wait a lonely lifetime? If you want me to I will.
- The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
- If you love someone and they vanish, you are left nodding like a zombie and throwing teacups at a wall.
- You can love someone so much… But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.
- The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.
- In love, unlike most other passions, the recollection of what you have had and lost is always better than what you can hope for in the future.
- Lost love is still love. It takes a different form.
- We can never let the pain of loss consume us. Life ahead of us demands so much more than this pathetic self of us. Try to find your happiness in what you have.
- The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.
Love and Loss Quotes For The Heartbroken
To love and then loss! What’s worse that can happen in your life? You’re heartbroken and that’s kind of sad. But if you’re looking for the ways to fix your soul and feel internal harmony again, you should read our most powerful love and loss quotes given below that will definitely help you renew your strength and cure your damaged heart.
- The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
- Losing someone can hard. But life will go on and time will not stop for you. Now it is your choice whether you want to live that life with pain or with ease. It is because sometimes pain is a choice.
- If you lost it, it’s because you’re meant to find something better. Trust, let go, and make room for what’s coming.
- I’ve lost love. I’ve tried to reclaim a lost love and didn’t know how to do it.
- There is nothing more painful than saying goodbye to something that’s brought so much joy and beauty to your life. However, some goodbyes are just inevitable.
- Love does nothing but make you weak! It turns you into an object of pity and derision, a mewling pathetic creature no more fit to live than a worm squirming on the pavement after a hard summer rain.
- To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it.
- Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
- Do not worry, everything you lose, come back in another form. Love has the same rules. You once gave to someone, is not going to waste. You are going to get it back, in one form or another. Karma is keeping the track.
- When you have your heart broken for the first time, you gain depth.
- It is true that sometimes losing one person can make the whole world dull. It can make your whole life seem useless and painful. Pain and the feeling of emptiness can haunt you. But you feel all that because you let yourself feel that.
- A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.
Losing The One You Love Quotes
You’ve lost… you’ve let go the person you really love and appreciate. That’s one of the hardest things in your life. We share these quotes in the hope that they will help you cope with losing the one you love.
- When you lose someone, you have to accept that grief and love cannot be separated. For when you reminisce the joys of your sweet love, you will be awakened by the grief you have tried so hard to keep at bay.
- Pain is never permanent. Passing time can take it away from you. All you have to do is let it go.
- Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same.
- It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- Sometimes, your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
- I deserve better than that; I am better than that.
- Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it’s not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who wouldn’t give up on them.
- Love is the most beautiful and pure thing a person can have. And losing such a pure thing can be a tragedy. But it is the way it is. Everything you have is temporary, nothing is going to be with you forever. The sooner you accept that, the better it is for you.
- Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
- You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.
- When you love someone, and you’ve lost that one, then nothing really matters.