- 1 Remarkable Quotes about Revenge and Karma
- 2 Cool Revenge Quotes about Getting Even
- 3 Famous Quotes about Revenge
- 4 Catching Sayings about Justice and Revenge
- 5 Best Quotes about Vengeance
- 6 Wise Quotes on Revenge
- 7 Funny Quotes about Revenge
- 8 Incredible Quotes about Sweet Revenge
- 9 Sayings about Revenge with Images
Revenge is a strong emotion, which can lead people to do terrible things. Have you ever had a desire to get retribution for a wrong action done to you? Unfortunately, vengeance has become a quite normal and even popular emotion in modern life. We consider revenge as a sweet medicine, which is good for healing. But is it really so? Do famous mottos like “an eye for an eye” or “a tooth for a tooth” always work? In order to understand this issue better, let’s look at the best vengeance quotes in our post.
There is a wonderful saying “Revenge is the dish best served cold”. It’s definitely true because you need to keep a pause at a right time while choosing the best option to take action. You make the best scenario to get back at someone and don’t even notice how your appetite for vengeance is growing day by day. Our revenge quotes about getting even perfectly illustrate this idea.
Taking revenge is a bitter and sweet thing simultaneously, that’s why you should think twice before doing the first step. Moreover, the Bible says that we should treat others as we would like to be treated, so revenge is viewed as one of the sins. However, it’s so hard for people to forgive, but it’s very easy for them to seek revenge. But is it up to us to punish someone who has done something wrong? To get an answer for this question read the famous quotes about revenge which will show you some relevant points of view said by great minds.
Almost everyone has taken an action under the influence of revenge. As a result, we can bring not only justice but also pain to someone else. So, whether you are going to take revenge or you are just interested in this topic, these wise quotes on revenge will suit you anyway.
Remarkable Quotes about Revenge and Karma
There is a natural balance of positive and negative energy in the universe. When someone hurts us, these moral acts are usually more painful than illegal. We start thinking what punishment will be the most appropriate, forgetting about the principal of boomerang, which always works well. This boomerang is called karma and considered as the universal system of justice. Karma is more powerful than revenge, it gives an opportunity for future learning, which confirms these fabulous quotes.
- If karma meant that every time a person hurts you, you are to ensure they suffer a similar fate; the word revenge wouldn’t exist.
- Karma comes after everyone eventually. – Jessica Brody
- I don’t wait for karma to come around and bite you. I made it myself. It’s called sweet revenge.
- I am not in the mood for revenge, but I will take front row seats to the karma smackdown.
- How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. ― Wayne W. Dyer
- The end of revenge play is always uncertain.
- Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don’t even notice it. ― Sakyong Mipham
- Sometimes I lose faith in karma but then something always happens to remind me that it’s there.
- Sooner or later, everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences. — Robert Louis Stevenson
- Don’t waste your time on revenge. Those who hurt you will eventually face their own karma.
- Karma is like a rubber-band: it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.
- Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.
- A man who desires revenge should dig two graves.
Cool Revenge Quotes about Getting Even
Everybody has a moment when they can think of nothing but revenge. It’s quite a normal reaction to all the hurt you got, but the result can end badly for everyone involved. Besides, when you’re seeking revenge, it can only constantly remind of the pain you experienced and it can make this event seems even larger than it is. As it’s known, revenge may provide a lift, but unfortunately, these positive effects are fleeting. Some pros and cons of getting even you can find in these revenge quotes below.
- I’m going to get even, I swear I will. Mark my words, I’m a pregnant cranky woman with insomnia. I have time to plot my revenge. – Kim Gruenenfelder
- Vengeance is a monster of appetite, forever bloodthirsty and never filled. – Richelle E. Goodrich
- Don’t get mad, get even. – Robert Kennedy
- Revenge is but a small circle. – Edward Counsel
- An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Fools take a knife and stab people in the back. The wise take a knife, cut the cord, and set themselves free from the fools.
- That was clearly a tackle aimed at getting revenge – or maybe it was just out-and-out retribution. – Joe Royle
- The only people who you should get even with are those who have helped you. – John Southard
- It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- Success is the sweetest revenge. – Vanessa Williams
- You cannot go ahead while you are getting even.
- Revenge is what I want. Nothing but pure unadulterated revenge. But my mother brought me up to be a lady. – J. P. Donleavy
Famous Quotes about Revenge
What is revenge for you? Is it an act of achieving justice or just a desire to hurt someone as much as he has done or even stronger? Still, a person, who is free in his soul, always have a choice between revenge and forgiveness. What is better to move on or make a plan of retaliation? Do you want to know what famous quotes say about revenge? Here you have a good chance to find this answer for yourself.
- Survival was my only hope, success my only revenge. – Patricia Cornwell
- Revenge is the naked idol of the worship of a semi-barbarous age. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Our work is the presentation of our capabilities. – Edward Gibbon
- Neglect kills injuries, revenge increases them. – Ben Franklin
- Revenge is a confession of pain. – Latin Proverb
- Revenge only engenders violence, not clarity and true peace. I think liberation must come from within. – Sandra Cisneros
- A man who contemplates revenge keeps his wounds green. – Francis Bacon
- The best revenge is massive success. – Frank Sinatra
- While seeking revenge, dig two graves—one for yourself.– Douglas Horton
- The old law about an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Revenge proves its own executioner. —John Ford
- Living well is the best revenge. —George Herbert
Catching Sayings about Justice and Revenge
Many people confuse revenge with justice or think that they are the same notions. Justice means that we should be responsible for everything that we do and our wrong action leads to adequate response or punishment. In its turn, revenge is an uncontrolled emotion of hate, when you desire to harm your offender as much as possible. If you find yourself at crossroads what to choose justice or revenge, spend a little time on reading our great sayings.
- Men often mistake killing and revenge for justice. They seldom have the stomach for justice. – Robert Jordan
- The best revenge is not to be like your enemy. ― Marcus Aurelius
- But if revenge is called justice, then that justice breeds yet more revenge… and then becomes a chain of hatred. – Pein Naruto
- Karma is a term for revenge and a synonym of justice.
- Those who wish to punish the current and future generations for the inequities of a generation long gone, and who equate justice with revenge, are the most dangerous people in the world. – Dean Koontz
- Do not seek revenge and call it justice.
- Revenge is a kind of wild justice, which the more a man’s nature runs to, the more ought law to weed it out. – Francis Bacon
- When people get hurt, they learn to hate and want revenge. But when we call our vengeance justice, then that justice just breeds more revenge and it becomes a chain of hatred.
- Revenge is the act of passion, a vengeance is an act of justice. – Samuel Johnson
- Justice is revenge. – Saad Hariri
- Only remember this: to seek justice is a good and noble thing, to seek revenge out of hatred is something that will devour your very soul. – James Mace
- To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice.
Best Quotes about Vengeance
When there is a lack of legal justice, vengeance takes control of our minds and souls. Betrayal, lies are only two things that push people to turn to this mean of settling scores. Regrettably, vengeance can’t bring back what has been lost. People spend a lot of time, patience and perseverance to arrange a day of reckoning in order to get a short-term satisfaction. Looking for some interesting quotes about vengeance, the best options are waiting for you here.
- Vengeance is the act of turning anger in on yourself. On the surface, it may be directed at someone else, but it is a surefire recipe for arresting emotional recovery. – Jane Goldman
- Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die. – Anne Lamott
- A tardy vengeance shares the tyrant’s guilt. – Edward Young
- Something of vengeance I had tasted for the first time; as aromatic wine it seemed, on swallowing, warm and racy: its after-flavor, metallic and corroding, gave me a sensation as if I had been poisoned. – Charlotte Brontë
- I don’t believe in vengeance. Really, when all is said and done, I probably don’t believe in punishment. – Penn Jillette
- Just vengeance does not call for punishment. – Pierre Corneille
- Vengeance is God’s job, not ours. – F. LaGard Smith
- Deep vengeance is the daughter of deep silence. – Vittorio Alfieri
- A tardy vengeance shares the tyrant’s guilt. – Edward Young
- Vengeance cannot abide the agony of grace. – Anne Elisabeth Stengl
- When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. – Chuck Jones
- Vengeance belongs to God. It’s up to him to wreak vengeance.
Wise Quotes on Revenge
Each time you have some thoughts about revenge in your mind, ask yourself a simple question: “Is revenge worth it”? Actually, revenge will change nothing in your life and this fact should be taken into account before getting even. Instead of expected relief, you can notice that things start going even worse. Revenge can’t be morally justified and can lead to unpredictable results. These captivating quotes about revenge will give you many wise answers about morality.
- There’s small revenge in words, but words may be greatly revenged. – Benjamin Franklin
- No revenge is so heroic than that which torments envy by doing good.
- Revenge is not worthy of you. If you concentrate on revenge, you will keep those wounds fresh that would otherwise have healed. —Adeline Yen Mah
- If you have to choose between being kind and being right, choose being kind and you’ll always be right.
- Revenge converts a little right into a great wrong. – German proverb
- Don’t waste time on revenge. The people who hurt you will eventually face their own karma.
- The best revenge is to show them that your life is getting better after they’re gone.
- The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself. – Eddie Vedder
- Revenge is never the best driver for a battle, but a common one. – Janet Morris, Chris Morris
- Revenge is the raging fire that consumes the arsonist. – Max Lucado
- No need for revenge, just sit back and wait. Those that hurt you will eventually screw up all by themselves and if you are lucky, God will let you watch.
- Revenge is not worthy of you. If you concentrate on revenge, you will keep those wounds fresh that would otherwise have healed.—Adeline Yen Mah
Funny Quotes about Revenge
Can revenge be funny? Probably it’s impossible because vengeance is controlled by negative emotions and feeling like anger and hatred. But what do you know about well-known quotes and sayings? You can be surprised but these examples of the most popular revenge quotes are rich in allegory and some sort of humor. Do you want to check it? Then relax, make yourself comfortable and browse this amazing set of funny quotes, which is completely free for you!
- Revenge? No. That never solves stuff, but karma will get you and set everything right.
- The pleasure of revenge is like the pleasure of eating chalk and coals. – Jeremy Taylor
- Revenge has no eyes and ears.
- Revenge? Nah, I’m too lazy. I’m gonna sit here and let karma f*ck you up.
- You call it revenge? Well, I call it returning the favor because it sounds nicer.
- Gorgeous hair is the best revenge.- Ivana Trump
- Revenge is a flash of insanity.
- Revenge will never solve anything, KARMA will.
- Revenge is an unwanted guest, hosted by your brain.
- Revenge is not do things, but accidents will happen.
- The current of revenge is enough to fuse the lights of your mind.
- Revenge is profitable, gratitude is expensive. – Edward Gibbon
Incredible Quotes about Sweet Revenge
Sometimes it happens that the feelings of misunderstanding and anger don’t let us lead a normal life. It’s quite difficult to fight against it when you always think about payback. Revenge is frequently described as one of the sweetest things after getting retribution. It’s viewed as a form of emotional release, which helps us feel better. Whether you agree or not with this approach, don’t neglect these sweet quotes about revenge.
- Revenge, the sweetest morsel to the mouth that ever was cooked in hell. – Walter Scott
- Karma is the best revenge. It has no problem getting back in touch with you when need be.
- Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged. – Samuel Johnson
- One thing about them tables… they always turn.
- Revenge, at first though sweet, Bitter ere long back on itself recoils. – John Milton
- People don’t remember revenge is sweet. – Tracey Emin
- Revenge is sweet and not fattening. —Alfred Hitchcock
- I think today is sweet revenge.
- Revenge is sweeter than life itself. So think fools. – Juvenal
- The sweetest revenge is to accomplish what others say you cannot do. So go out and do it.
- In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior. – Francis Bacon
- Revenge is not always sweet. Once it is consummated, we feel inferior to our victim. – Emil Cioran
- Revenge is sweet but not nourishing. – Mason Cooley
Sayings about Revenge with Images
Revenge is a powerful internal force, sometimes overwhelming. The passion for revenge can be so uncontrolled that people become cruel and merciless in their desire to get even. Revenge is our attempt to change the past but we very often forget that the damage or injury have been already done and the clock cannot be turned back. Revenge is not always satisfactory; it can have the opposite effect as well. If you are looking for some more inspirational ideas about revenge, these expressive sayings with images will be helpful for you.