The Summer Solstice is also known as “Midsummer” and Litha. It’s the longest day of the year, and it’s the day when the Sun is at its highest point. The date of the Summer Solstice isn’t fixed, it’s flexible and it depends on the calendar shift, but it’s always somewhere between 20 and 22 of June (or between 20 and 22 December if you live in the Southern Hemisphere).
There are lots of ways to celebrate this day (we’ll talk about them later), but despite what you choose, you shouldn’t forget about the Summer Solstice sayings and greetings. We’ve done our best and found some amazing quotes about Summer Solstice — all you have to do is check them out and choose the best one!
The Best Summer Solstice Quotations
The Summer Solstice is a very summerish and really fun holiday, that has a deep historical background — people from all around the world have been celebrating it for thousands of years (literally thousands). If you are thinking about celebrating it, too, that’s a very good idea — you can visit Stonehenge (it’s quite expensive but that rich historical vibe is definitely worth it), decorate house with flowers, go to a beach or pool, wear a flower crown, throw a cool party, enjoy sunlight, and do everything you like. It’s only up to you how to celebrate!
Oh, and don’t forget about the Summer Solstice quotations. You’ll find 15 awesome examples of such quotes right here — choose any of them and use it however you like. You’re welcome, and happy summertime, everyone!
- Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds.
- This is the solstice, the still point of the sun, its cusp and midnight, the year’s threshold and unlocking, where the past lets go of and become the future; the place of caught breath.
- I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer — its dust and lowering skies.
- Not only is it Summer Solstice, but there is also a Full Moon. May love surround you like sunshine on a sunny day.
- One way of celebrating the Solstice is to consider it a sacred time of reflection, release, restoration, and renewal.
- Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.
- Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.
- Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me, those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.
- And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.
- It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.
- When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.
- The days draw out, the weather gets warmer, and it’s what we call summer, with a bitter laugh when we’ve said it.
- Both the Winter and the Summer Solstices are expressions of love. They show us the opposition of light and dark, expansion and contraction, that characterize our experiences in the Earth school so that we can recognize our options as we move through our lives.
- What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.
Happy Summer Solstice Quotes And Greetings
If you’ve decided not to visit Stonehenge this year, don’t be upset. Some cool quotes and greetings can help you to add that warm summer atmosphere — and if you’re looking for such quotes, you have definitely come to the right place. They’ll certainly get you in the right mood, we can guarantee that!
P.S. Even if you’re reading this during the Solstice day, don’t worry — it’s still not too late to join in a cool bonfire night celebration. The greetings you’ll find here will 100% work well!
- May the long-time sun shine upon you, all love surrounds you, and the pure light within you, guide your way on.
- The summer night is like a perfection of thought.
- In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different.
- Do you always watch for the longest day of the year and then miss it? I always watch for the longest day of the year and then miss it.
- At the Summer Solstice, all is green and growing, potential coming into being, the miracle of manifestation painted large on the canvas of awareness. At the Winter Solstice, the wind is cold, trees are bare and all lies in stillness beneath blankets of snow.
- Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.
- Summertime is always the best of what might be.
- I drifted into a summer nap under the hot shade of July, serenaded by a cicadae lullaby, to drowsy-warm dreams of distant thunder.
- The festival of the summer solstice speaks of love and light, of freedom and generosity of spirit. It is a beautiful time of year where vibrant flowers whisper to us with the scented breath, forests and woodlands hang heavy in the summer’s heat and our souls become enchanted with midsummer magic.
- The great gift of the energy of the Summer Solstice is that it’s designed to move you from one phase to the next on your terms.
- Let’s light the Solstice fires, and dance for a shift that will bring us into balance, with the earth and with one another, so that all those young lives may thrive!
- Hold summer in your hand, pour summer in a glass, a tiny glass of course, the smallest tingling sip, for children; change the season in your veins by raising glass to lip and tilting summer in.
- The summer solstice is a time for strength and vitality for action and movement.
- Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.
- Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out.