Quotes about Time (96 Sayings)
There is something that has special magic not to depend on us. What is it? Time, of course! No matter how much we want, no matter how much we strive, no matter how much effort we apply, time is not interested in us or in our opinion. It goes on. This is an indicator of the highest power that exists in this world. Time controls everything, even our life.
That is why there are so many meaningful, inspirational, and philosophical quotes about time. We’ve collected the best quotations, sayings, and aphorisms of great people about time, its value, its impact on people’s lives, the necessity of using it correctly and making the most of it. Check them out, get inspired and learn how to manage your time!
The Best Time Quotes
They say that time doesn’t exist, people have invented it. Whatever it is, there are many sayings about the fact that time is valuable and that it inexorably affects our lives. Our best quotes about time will be interesting to both children and adults because they contain a lot of useful things.
- Don’t waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.
- Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
- Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday and avoiding today.
- Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.
- Time is a cruel thief to rob us of our former selves. We lose as much to life as we do to death.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
- Time is the one thing we all have in common, but it is also the one thing that we all use differently.
- I wish I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours.
- Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.
- My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
- Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.
Famous Quotes About Time
Wise quotes can place the whole point of great thought in one sentence. They inspire us, motivate and teach, remaining deep in memory and guiding us through life. Meet a collection of famous quotes about time, which contains invaluable knowledge of the best businessmen, philosophers, and other outstanding personalities.
- Time is money.
- There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you’d better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you’ll never understand what it’s saying.
- Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
- The present time has one advantage over every other – it is our own.
- The greatest gift you can give someone is your time because when you give your time, you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.
- If time flies when you’re having fun, it hits the afterburners when you don’t think you’re having enough.
- An inch of time is an inch of gold but you can’t buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.
- You may delay, but time will not.
- All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.
- You must vie with time’s swiftness in the speed of using it, and, as from a torrent that rushes by and will not always flow, you must drink quickly.
- Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late.
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
Short Quotes On Time And Life
Looking for some suitable quote about time? Check out the best free stock of short quotes on life and time management, those moments when there isn’t enough time or too much of it. Such a popular quotation helps to understand the importance of time and its meaning for people.
- Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
- Never leave ’till tomorrow which you can do today.
- Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.
- We all make time for what we feel is important in our lives.
- We must use time as a tool, not as a crutch.
- To realize the unimportance of time is the gate to wisdom.
- A man who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life.
- Time is a gift that most of us take for granted.
- Time is a great story teller.
- The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.
- Time = life; therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life.
- Life is all about having a good time.
Inspirational Sayings About Time
Time is an amazing thing – it’s hard to argue with that. Quotes and sayings about time can really inspire us – not to waste your free hours, plan your affairs and manage everything you need, etc. After all, life is too short to waste on useless things. Use the time to your advantage!
- It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.
- Who controls the past, controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.
- Every second is of infinite value.
- Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.
- If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves.
- Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
- The time is always right to do the right thing.
- You wake up in the morning and lo! Your purse is magically filled with twenty-four hours of the unmanufactured tissue of the universe of your life. It is yours. It is the most precious of your possessions. No one can take it from you. It is unstealable. And no one receives either more or less than you receive.
- Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.
- The common man is not concerned about the passage of time, the man of talent is driven by it.
- Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn.
- To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.
Philosophical Quotes About Time
Smart and meaningful quotes about time help understand its essence and understand how important it is for everyone. In fact, what is time? Writers, scientists, philosophers, and political figures try to explain the phenomenon. Short, capacious, touching phrases comprise the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of the essence of things. We offer you the best philosophical quotes about the time from famous people – check them out right now!
- It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds.’ I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
- Time changes everything except something within us which is always surprised by change.
- Time, which changes people, does not alter the image we have of them.
- Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.
- The trouble is, you think you have time.
- Lost time is never found again.
- The timeless in you is aware of life’s timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today’s memory and tomorrow is today’s dream.
- Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away.
- Forever is composed of nows.
- You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.
- Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.
- It’s not that we have little time, but more that we waste a good deal of it.
Motivational Make Time Quotes
Keep putting important things off and then regret it? Psychologists call this phenomenon procrastination. In one way or another, this state is familiar to each of us. However, it is very important not to go too far. Take a look at motivational quotes about time. They will give you a push to stop wasting time and to finish the started!
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- Time is a created thing. To say “I don’t have time” is to say “I don’t want to”.
- We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it.
- You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.
- If you love life, don’t waste your time, for time is what life is made up of.
- Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
- Cherish every year that comes your way.
- Yesterday is long gone, and there are no guarantees we will see tomorrow. Today is what we have and how we use it determines our appreciation of time.
- Time goes on. So whatever you’re going to do, do it. Do it now. Don’t wait.
- Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.
- The best time to start was last year. Failing that, today will do.
- Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
Time Is Precious Quotes
Time is too precious to lose it on unnecessary trifles. Better spend it with your loved ones and take care of what you really like. Let our quotes about time be your source of inspiration!
- Time is precious. Make sure you spend it with the right people.
- It’s really clear that the most valuable resource we all have got is time.
- If you want work well done, select a busy man — the other kind has no time.
- They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
- Whether it’s the best of times or the worst of times, it’s the only time we’ve got.
- There’s only one thing more precious than our time and that’s who we spend it on.
- Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.
- Everyone has the gift of time, but few utilize.
- One thing you can’t recycle is wasted time. Lost time is never found again.
- No use thinking of the past for its gone, don’t think of the future because it has to come, think of the present because that’s where you are.
- Time is the wisest counselor of all.
- Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
Wise Phrases About Time
Look at our interesting collection of “pearls of wisdom” about time – wise phrases, inspiring quotes, powerful words of great thinkers, and so on. Everything you need is in one place!
- Time is the longest distance between two places.
- The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.
- The future has a way of arriving unannounced.
- Time is a brisk wind, for each hour it brings something new… but who can understand and measure its sharp breath, its mystery and its design?
- Always make time for things that make you feel happy to be alive.
- Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.
- Time is the measurer of all things, but is itself immeasurable, and the grand discloser of all things, but is itself undisclosed.
- Time and words can’t be recalled, even if it was only yesterday.
- Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much can be done if we are always doing.
- Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.
- Time waits for no one.
- Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends.