Nature has always set its own rules. After all, our life has always depended on its conditions. From ancient times, people arranged their way of life under the vagaries of the weather and then singled out important dates. Winter Solstice is a day when the sun reaches its lowest position. It marks the longest night and shortest day of the year. For many people (of course, for those, who are not living in Florida, where the change of seasons is not so noticeable at all and where it is difficult to understand when winter is actually), it is also a beginning of winter. But thanks to the Internet, even people who spend almost the whole year on the beaches can find out that Winter Solstice occurs in December (usually 21 or 22 December).
In ancient times it was believed that winter solstice is ideal for fundamental changes and the fulfillment of the most cherished desires. Our ancestors were sure that on this very day higher forces pay attention to people. Of course, today most of the traditions of this pagan holiday (known as Yule) have sunk into oblivion. But still, the winter solstice is an excellent opportunity to start preparing for Christmas: decorating the house with fir branches and wreaths, hanging string lights and listening to famous Christmas songs such as “Jingle Bells” and “Let It Snow”.
We’ve collected the most inspirational, meaningful, funny, and beautiful winter solstice wishes and quotes that can give you a winter mood and help you create a Christmas atmosphere. Check them out right here!
Inspirational Quotes about Winter Solstice
For many people, winter solstice is a holiday that marks the beginning of a new life, a rebirth, a turn towards a new year cycle, both for people and for all of nature. Well, this is a great reason for changes and the beginning of something new. Start changing your life with the Winter Solstice instead of Monday! Who knows, maybe higher powers will help you with this?
Take a look at these inspirational winter solstice quotes that will help you get rid of the negative and make plans for the next year.
- No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.
- In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
- If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
- Even in winter an isolated patch of snow has a special quality.
- If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
- People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.
- The Winter Solstice is the time of ending and beginning, a powerful time — a time to contemplate your immortality. A time to forgive, to be forgiven, and to make a fresh start. A time to awaken.
- Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do – or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so.
- Thank goodness for the first snow, it was a reminder ― no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.
- Now, near the Winter Solstice, it is good to light candles. All the nice meanings of bringing light to the world can be beautiful. But perhaps we are concentrating on lighting the world because we don’t know how to light up our own lives.
The Best Winter Solstice Quotes and Sayings
All seasons are beautiful and have their advantages, but winter is an incredibly magical and fabulous time for many reasons. In fact, winter is the coziest season of the year. Wrap yourself in a warm blanket, take a mug with hot tea, and check out the best quotes and sayings about the winter solstice.
- Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.
- Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
- The winter solstice has always been special to me as a barren darkness that gives birth to a verdant future beyond imagination, a time of pain and withdrawal that produces something joyfully inconceivable, like a monarch butterfly masterfully extracting itself from the confines of its cocoon, bursting forth into unexpected glory.
- The Christians stole the winter solstice from the pagans, and capitalism stole it from the Christians.
- Welcome, winter. Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless.
- At the Summer Solstice, all is green and growing, potential coming into being, the miracle of manifestation painted large on the canvas of awareness. At the Winter Solstice, the wind is cold, trees are bare and all lies in stillness beneath blankets of snow.
- December is the month of light. It is full of the beauty of the love we can bring into our life.
- There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you…. In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself.
- The pine stays green in winter… wisdom in hardship.
- How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year!
Happy Winter Solstice Greetings
The good thing about winter solstice is that you can congratulate on it representatives of all religions as opposed to other pagan holidays. The winter solstice is a great occasion to once again show some thought for your loved ones, parents, grandparents, friends. Show your love and care with the warmest and sincere winter solstice greetings. You can write them on a postcard or send via email – believe us, your attention will be appreciated.
- What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness. Happy winter solstice!
- The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
- Winter Solstice is my favorite Pagan holiday co-opted by Christians. Happy winter solstice!
- Winter is not a season, it’s an occupation. Happy winter solstice!
- It is one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. Happy winter solstice!
- I believe in process. I believe in four seasons. I believe that winter’s tough, but spring’s coming. I believe that there’s a growing season. And I think that you realize that in life, you grow. You get better.
- The heart can get really cold if all you’ve known is winter. Happy winter solstice!
- Winter is a season of recovery and preparation. Happy winter solstice!
- Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration. So let’s celebrate winter solstice!
- Winter is coming. Happy winter solstice!