Patriotic Quotes (57 Sayings)
Being patriotic means having love and respect for your country. There are lots of ways to show your patriotism. If it’s a special day, like Memorial Day, Veterans Day or the 4th of July, you can support veterans or fly the USA flag. Another way to express the love and respect for your country (it’s basically the definition of patriotism) is the patriotic quotes – you can write a card with the powerful words and send it to a veteran, or you can write a post on Facebook, etc.
Here we’ve gathered more than 50 amazing patriotic quotes, captions, and sayings about our native land, military, freedom and about what it is like to be a proud American. Check them out below and you’ll see that July 4th isn’t only about barbecues, grills, and fireworks. It’s about patriotism in the first place.
Short Patriotic Quotes
Patriotism doesn’t mean only love for your homeland. It is much more… It is the consciousness of your inalienability from the motherland and the sharing experience of both lucky and unlucky days. It is possible to talk about patriotism for a long time, but you don’t always need huge texts and essays to understand its essence. Take a look at these short patriotic quotes. You can use them to create a post on Twitter or as Facebook status to express your patriotic feelings and share them with your friends.
- Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
- Where liberty dwells, there is my country. (Benjamin Franklin
- All great change in America begins at the dinner table. (Ronald Reagan)
- National honor is national property of the highest value.
- America is a giving nation and very compassionate.
- The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American. (Thomas Jefferson)
- Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!
- A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
- My favorite thing about the United States? Lots of Americans, one America.
Inspirational Patriotism Quotes
At various times many successful and creative people lived and worked in the United States of America. These people live in the memory of generations, being an example for many of us. The most valuable thing left after them is the fruits of their labor and their wise thoughts. Let’s read the quotes about patriotism from famous people. We hope each of you will find something useful and inspirational in this quotation.
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! (Maya Angelou)
- Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit. (Ronald Reagan)
- There are those, I know, who will say that the liberation of humanity, the freedom of man and mind, is nothing but a dream. They are right. It is the American dream. (Archibald MacLeish)
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. (Mark Twain)
- How soon we forget history… Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force. And, like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. (George Washington)
- America was founded by people who believe that God was their rock of safety. I recognize we must be cautious in claiming that God is on our side, but I think it’s all right to keep asking if we’re on His side. (Ronald Reagan)
- Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children’s children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. (Theodore Roosevelt)
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. (Elmer Davis)
- And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
- Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. (Louis D. Brandeis)
- Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. (James Bryce)
American Patriotic Sayings
What does it mean to be American? It means to be free, it means equal rights for all the people. America gives you the chance to be successful and stay yourself. It is true that America is the country of opportunities. We have a choice given to us by people who fought and died for our country.
Check out these patriotic sayings that will remind you how great it is to be a part of our country and its history.
- America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.
- America is a tune. It must be sung together.
- My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth. (Abraham Lincoln)
- America is another name for opportunity.
- America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.
- What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom “to” and freedom “from”.
- I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.
- America is much more than a geographical fact. It is a political and moral fact – the first community in which men set out in principle to institutionalize freedom, responsible government, and human equality.
- We need an America with the wisdom of experience. But we must not let America grow old in spirit.
- There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America. (Bill Clinton)
- Intellectually I know that America is no better than any other country; emotionally I know she is better than every other country.
The Best Patriot Quotes
It often happens that we need to say a lot, but we have difficulties in expressing our thoughts – for example, when writing an essay or even when we sign the card. Below you will find 10 best motivational, impressive, and even funny patriot quotes, which may inspire you to put your ideas into words or which you may simply save and use later.
- To survive in peace and harmony, united and strong, we must have one people, one nation, one flag.
- When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice. The Bible tells us, ‘How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.’ (Donald Trump)
- We will stand by the right, we will stand by the true, we will live, we will die for the red, white, and blue.
- Freedom is never granted. It is earned by each generation… in the face of tyranny, cruelty, oppression, extremism, sometimes there is only one choice. When the world looks to America, America looks to you, and you never let her down.” (Hillary Clinton)
- I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. (Abraham Lincoln)
- I wish we would all remember that being American is not just about the freedom we have; it is about those who gave it to us.
- America’s Founding Fathers considered religious beliefs to be an asset, even essential to public officeholders.
- Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. (John F. Kennedy)
- The magic of America is that we’re a free and open society with a mixed population. Part of our security is our freedom.
- My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue.
Famous Quotes On Patriotism
Independence Day is a great time for inspirational sayings since no holiday can go without congratulations. Keep reading and check out awesome and encouraging quotes on patriotism, which will definitely put you in a patriotic mood.
- May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely than this our own country.
- Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it’s wrong.
- There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.” (Bill Clinton)
- Unless our conception of patriotism is progressive, it cannot hope to embody the real affection and the real interest of the nation.
- Patriotism… is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. (Adlai Stevenson)
- The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
- They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. (Benjamin Franklin)
- One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation evermore!
- The real democratic American idea is, not that every man shall be on a level with every other man, but that every man shall have liberty to be what God made him, without hindrance.
- Patriotism is love of country. But you can’t love your country without loving your countrymen and countrywomen. We don’t always have to agree, but we must empower each other, we must find the common ground, we must build bridges across our differences to pursue the common good.
- We’re blessed with the opportunity to stand for something — for liberty and freedom and fairness. And these are things worth fighting for, worth devoting our lives to.
- We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.