Fear Quotes (105 Sayings)
One way or another, we all have fears. Fear can be a gut call that keeps us from taking risks and doing dangerous things. But most often, it’s our mental barrier that prevents us from doing something – getting a new position, makings acquaintances, touching even the smallest height, to say nothing of success or the fulfillment of our dreams. If you can’t let go of fear, you’ll not be able to live a fulfilling life.
In that respect, it’s very important to face your fear and get over it. Start conquering fear right now with the help of a motivational push from our quotes. Here are more than 100 meaningful, inspirational, thought-provoking and philosophical quotes about fear and anxiety – check them out!
Overcoming Fear Quotes And Sayings
Fear prevents most people from becoming who they want to be and live the way they want to. Fear before the unknown, fear of change, even the fear of visiting dentist create obstacles for us every day. So here we’ve collected the best quotations about fear that can help you find the strength to overcome it.
- Courage is knowing what not to fear.
- Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure.
- Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
- I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
- Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
- You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened.
- Don’t let your fear of failure stop you from realizing your dreams.
- Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.
- Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.
- Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.
- Being brave isn’t the absence of fear. Being brave is having fear but finding a way though it.
- Being scared is part of being alive. Accept it. Walk through it.
Famous Quotes About Fear
Take a look at the collection of famous quotes about fear from writers, scientists, philosophers, political figures, and celebrities. Tweet them, post to Facebook or on Instagram to always have on hand a powerful saying in cases where you need a source of inspiration.
- Be so busy loving your life that you have no time for hate, regret or fear.
- A lot of people would say ‘sexy’ is about the body. But to me, ‘sexy’ is a woman with confidence. I admire women who have very little fear.
- One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.
- I’m not afraid of death; I just don’t want to be there when it happens.
- He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.
- Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others.
- Fears are educated into us, and can, if we wish, be educated out.
- You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.
- Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.
- Fear of success can be just as crippling as the fear of failure.
- Fear is a tyrant and a despot, more terrible than the rack, more potent than the snake.
- If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
- Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.
- The key to success is for you to make a habit throughout your life of doing the things you fear.
- A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.
Inspirational Quotes On Fear
Just imagine what our life would be like if we could boldly achieve all our dreams. And now imagine that you really can do it! Because the only thing that’s stopping you is your fear. Check out these inspirational quotes about fear and make sure that most often all the obstacles to success are created by ourselves.
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.
- I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.
- Fear doesn’t shut you down; it wakes you up.
- We suffer more in imagination than in reality.
- Without fear there cannot be courage.
- Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death.
- Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
- Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real.
- What’s on the other side of fear? Nothing.
- The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear.
- The amateur believes he must first overcome his fear; then he can do his work. The professional knows that fear can never be overcome. He knows there is no such thing as a fearless warrior or a dread-free artist.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway!
- It is not the future that you are afraid of. It is the fear of the past repeating itself that haunts you.
- What you are afraid to do is a clear indication of the next thing you need to do.
Have No Fear Quotes
Overcoming fear and daring to face the challenges is not easy, it’s true. One doesn’t simply have no fear. But at least you can learn to get rid of it in crucial moments. Try to realize that the majority of our fears and anxieties ultimately do not happen. Let these quotes about fear help you with this!
- Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.
- Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.
- Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.
- Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.
- The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.
- People living deeply have no fear of death.
- Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.
- Many times, the thought of fear itself is greater than what it is we fear.
- Are you willing to give up what you have in order to become what you want to be? Most people fear change and, therefore, never grow past the point of mediocrity.
- In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
- Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
- Fear is not real. It is a product of the thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
- The whole secret of existence is to have no fear.
Great Quotes About Facing Fears
Unfortunately, you cannot get over your fear once and for all. This feeling is always someway present in our life – we’re afraid of failure, ridicule, loss, new responsibilities, and so on and so forth. But going ahead in spite of the fear is a choice. May these quotes about facing fear give you the courage and energy to achieve the things you really want.
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
- Without darkness nothing comes to birth, as without light nothing flowers.
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror.
- Fear cuts deeper than swords.
- Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will.
- Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.
- It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
- Men go too far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.
- If you are programmed to fear of something, you will fear of it, even though consciously you think that it is ridiculous. It is same as the success and failure.
- Courage is not the lack of fear but the ability to face it.
- Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.
- The beautiful thing about fear is, when you run to it, it runs away.
- I am strong because I’ve been weak. I am fearless because I’ve been afraid. I am wise because I’ve been foolish.
- For life to be really fun, what you fear should line up with what you desire.
Motivational Sayings About Fear
Your fears hide tremendous opportunities. This means that conquering your fear and doubts is a chance to change your life for the better.
When you start doing things that you’re afraid of, you break the chains that keep you from making your dreams come true, from productive life, from high achievements. Check out these motivational sayings and quotes about fear and find the courage to move forward!
- Find out what you’re afraid of and go live there.
- Fear is a powerful beast. But we can learn to ride it.
- Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.
- Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.
- What the mind doesn’t understand, it worships or fears.
- Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.
- I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
- Facing your fears robs them of their power.
- One great enemy we must all endeavor to fear not conquering is fear.
- If you decide to move forward with conquering your fears in life you will see your self-esteem soar to new heights!
- Being frightened is an experience you can’t buy.
- What you fear is what you must conquer.
- Don’t let your fears keep you mired in the crowd. Abolish your fears and raise your commitment level to the point of no return, and I guarantee you that the Champion Within will burst forth to propel you toward victory.
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage.
- Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.
Living In Fear Quotes
Living in fear produces a lot of stress. As a result, fighting this stress becomes a bigger problem than fear itself. Prove to yourself that you can become stronger and more successful, overcoming your fears and diffidence.
Take a look at the best quotes about fear, get inspired and let go of all your fears.
- Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom.
- Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.
- Great fear is concealed under daring.
- There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.
- Fear, hatred, and suspicion narrow your mind – compassion opens it.
- Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.
- Ignorance is the parent of fear.
- Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.
- The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.
- Fear can only stop us if we let it and finally, don’t forget your friends; they might just be your lifeline when you need it most.
- What we fear comes to pass more speedily than what we hope.
- I was never afraid of failure; for I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest.
- People say to me all the time, ‘You have no fear.’ I tell them, ‘No, that’s not true. I’m scared all the time. You have to have fear in order to have courage. I’m a courageous person because I’m a scared person.’
- To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
- There can be no initiative if one has fear, and fear compels us to cling to tradition, gurus, etc.