- 1 Best Quotes about War
- 2 Thought-Provoking Quotes on War
- 3 Most Famous Quotes about War
- 4 Inspirational Quotes to Prevent War Movements
- 5 Meaningful Quotes about War and Peace
- 6 Positive Sayings about Love and War
- 7 Funny War Quotes to Cheer You Up
- 8 Samples of Quotes about War and Battle
- 9 Truthful Quotes about War by Famous Generals
- 10 Impressive Images with Quotes about War
The issue of war and peace is considered to be the most problematic one. War is one of the global problems, the solution of which should be found as soon as possible! It’s a real shock that in the 21st century, the century of highly developed technologies and ingenious population, people still choose wars to solve their problems. And it’s not only about local wars in poor regions. Unfortunately, it’s about the whole world! In addition to this, wars are as cruel and ruthless as they were hundreds of years ago!
What has science invented to change the situation in the world? Do you think that scientists are trying to invent something to avoid armed conflict? You’ll be disappointed to know that they’re working systematically on the construction of new weapons to make wars more violent and destructive! In this regard, we’ve decided to provide you with thought-provoking quotes on war!
Some of you will definitely say that not a single quote about war can prevent it. Of course, you are right! Even the most famous war quotes will not change the situation. But people will! Great war quotes are the thing to make people understand that they are wrong about their priorities and thoughts. Nobody benefits from war! Even if you are a winner now, who may guarantee that you will not be defeated in another useless battle?
Inspirational quotes and sayings about war and its consequences will not leave you indifferent! The best thing you may do is to share the most impressive quotes with all your friends and relatives. Why should you do this? It’s necessary to remember that war will not save the world, but destroy it! The world has had an experience of World War I and World War II. Victims and deaths are the only results! Don’t they show an example of how far people can go to exterminate each other? Different quotes about war said by both famous generals and ordinary people with make you think!
Best Quotes about War
You’ll be surprised, but war may be different. It’s not only about armed conflicts! The war between two people, the war in love, the war in career, the war in the family, and so on. It doesn’t matter how kind and tolerant you are, sooner or later your life may put you in the circumstances when a kind of war will be inevitable. Have patience and best quotes about war!
- War is never a lasting solution for any problem.
- Only the dead have seen the end of war.
- Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die.
- All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.
- Men make war to get attention. All killing is an expression of self-hate.
- It doesn’t make a damned bit of difference who wins the war to someone who’s dead.
- It’s not the armies that are evil, it’s wars and people who start them.
- Wars don’t end anything.
- War is a game that can be played with a smile on a face, but there won’t be any laughter in a heart.
- War means violence that begets new violence.
Thought-Provoking Quotes on War
A word is a weapon, and you should know how effective this weapon can be! If you want to change somebody’s mind, you should prepare appropriate words. Thought-provoking quotes on war are among those things which will change your attitude to life! May the following quotes about war be the only weapon you will use in your life!
- Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
- War is what happens when language fails.
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- How can you have a war on terrorism when war itself is terrorism?
- It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.
- We have to study war and politics now so that our children could have freedom to study things like philosophy and know nothing about war.
- If there were no wars, how could we know the value of peace?
- There’s nothing worth to die for in modern wars. Soldiers die for politicians and their desire to get richer.
- Refusing to fight for what someone thinks is right isn’t an act of cowardice. It’s the realization that wars are pointless.
- It doesn’t matter what war we are talking about, you won’t find winners there. Both sides lose.
Most Famous Quotes about War
Do you really think that watching a few movies about war is enough to understand what it is like? Of course, it’s not true! It’s impossible to understand war, even if you bump into it in your real life! War is the most awful thing in the world! Read famous quotes about war to find out what other people think about it and its consequences.
- War is hell. You can’t photograph a flying bullet, but you can capture genuine fear.
- Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy’s strategy.
- When the rich wage war it’s the poor who die.
- The world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them.
- I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.
- The best way to solve problems and to fight against war is through dialogue.
- If you are looking for the ways to preserve peace, you have to be prepared to war.
- The young people to refuse to do military service are the pioneers of the world that knows no wars.
- There’s no such thing as a righteous war. No one has the right to take the other person’s life.
- Whoever wants to win a war has to stop it right away. This is the only way.
Inspirational Quotes to Prevent War Movements
It’s easy to provoke a clash between people of different religions, cultures, or simply interests. However, before doing this, ask yourself is it really necessary! Be sure: even a small quarrel never gives positive results! People who have witnessed war know that it’s impossible to stay indifferent. Take a look at inspirational quotes to help you understand the necessity of preventing wars:
- If we don’t end war, war will end us.
- Listen up – there’s no war that will end all wars.
- How much energy they put into harming each other. How little into saving.
- There’s no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending.
- There is only one way to win a war which has begun: To stop it immediately; that is the way!
- Today the real test of power is not capacity to make war but capacity to prevent it.
- It seems that the only way to end outside wars is to end an inner war.
- Everybody should remember that during a war time, propaganda always replaces truth.
- Thinking that you can win a war is like thinking that you can win in a battle with an earthquake.
- It’s not the military that starts wars, it’s the politicians who do it.
Meaningful Quotes about War and Peace
Everybody knows that the war could not exist without peace, as well as peace wouldn’t be so valuable and desirable without war! However, people are used to taking this fact literally. It doesn’t mean that we should fight to enjoy peace after that! Quotes about war and peace will explain you the whole essence of these two phenomena!
- War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
- The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.
- To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.
- Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people.
- My attitude to peace is rather based on the Burmese definition of peace – it really means removing all the negative factors that destroy peace in this world. So peace does not mean just putting an end to violence or to war, but to all other factors that threaten peace, such as discrimination, such as inequality, poverty.
- Fighting for peace, is like f***ing for chastity.
- Peace is only a short period of time when people work hard to pay the costs of all past as well as future wars.
- A false peace is nothing better than a war.
- We should never forget what price we have paid for living in peace, because that price is thousands of lives that soldiers gave away in wars.
Positive Sayings about Love and War
As you know, love is supposed to save the world. Why not to apply to this bright feeling in the context of war? When there is something bad, it’s impossible to overcome it without positive thinking and feelings! Sayings about love and war will fill you with good thoughts and hope for a better future!
- Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.
- The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
- You live in a world at war. Spiritual attack must be a category you think in or you will misunderstand more than half of what happens in your marriage.
- All’s fair in love and war.
- Love and war are the same thing, and stratagems and policy are as allowable in the one as in the other.
- Unless we end wars, they will end us.
- Unconditional love and truth will put an end to all the wars.
- War makes people to sacrifice their lives and gives nothing in return except for suffering. It’s only love that can save the world.
- We have to love each other more than we love wars.
Funny War Quotes to Cheer You Up
If you still cannot understand what can possibly be so funny about war, then you haven’t viewed funny war quotes yet! Of course, we are not going to argue that war is awful, but let’s look at it from another point of view.
- War does not determine who is right – only who is left.
- God created war so that Americans would learn geography.
- I would rather make love than war, but only because condoms kill millions of lives more enjoyably.
- No two countries that both had McDonald’s had fought a war against each other since each got its McDonald’s.
- This film cost $31 million. With that kind of money I could have invaded some country.
- You won’t find a better armor than staying out of gunshot.
- Any war signifies that a man has failed in being a thinking animal.
- You won’t find any soldier who really survived a war.
- What is war if not an escape of cowards from the problems of peace?
- War is similar to love because they always finds a way.
Samples of Quotes about War and Battle
Battles in war are a common phenomenon. However, you cannot avoid battles even in your everyday life! Our life is the kind of battle as well: we often fight with ourselves, with others, with life circumstances, etc. Have a look at the following quotes about war and battle to learn how to win in a battle.
- Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
- Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.
- There is no glory in battle worth the blood it costs.
- The tragedy of modern war is that the young men die fighting each other – instead of their real enemies back home in the capitals.
- There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
- We can’t blame people for losing their optimism. Who would stay optimistic after so many wars?
- What is the true nature of war? It makes enemies out of people who haven’t even met before. And it makes them kill each other out of fear.
- A true soldier won’t admit defeat before the battle starts.
Truthful Quotes about War by Famous Generals
Who knows more about war than people participating in it? Perhaps, it sounds far-fetched, but even they cannot comprehend all the horror of war! Famous generals have shared their thoughts about war with you:
- You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.
- The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
- We must recognize the chief characteristic of the modern era – a permanent state of what I call violent peace.
- War is not an independent phenomenon, but the continuation of politics by different means.
- War settles nothing.
- War is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.
- War isn’t only about equipment, or troops or air force; it is also about spirit about morale.
- Every time someone makes an attempt to turn a war into easy and safe one, humiliation and disaster is the only result they get.
- In war there are no prizes, neither for those who won it, nor for those who lost.
- Most wars grow out of the desire of some individuals to take advantage of their fellow men.
Impressive Images with Quotes about War
Images with quotes about war are a great idea to share with your friends to involve them in anti-war movements!