- 1 Honoring Veterans Day quotes and sayings
- 2 Awesome Veterans Day quotes to say thank you
- 3 Quotes about veterans to honor them on Veterans Day
- 4 Inspirational quotes for Veterans Day
- 5 Famous quotes about Veterans Day by presidents
- 6 Happy Veterans Day quotes to write in a card
- 7 Veterans Day quotes with words of appreciation
Veterans Day, which is observed on November, 11, is the day when we all honor veterans and show them our respect. It’s a very important day, but please, don’t confuse it with the Memorial Day — the Veterans Day is the day when we honor all the veterans, while on the Memorial Day, we only honor those who died in military service. It’s always really awkward and uncomfortable for the veterans when people wish them “Happy Memorial Day”.
So, long story short — if you’re looking for some ideas of Veterans Day quotes and sayings, or if you just don’t know what to say on Veterans Day, we’ll gladly help you. Here you’ll find the best words that will help you to thank a veteran for their service.
Honoring Veterans Day quotes and sayings
It’s a very common situation when you have so much to say, but you just can’t describe all your thoughts with the words. If you are in such a situation now, don’t worry! Below you will find great Veterans Day quotes, sayings and messages that will help you with honoring the military veterans.
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
- America’s veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world.
- This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
- Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.
- The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
- Lord, bid war’s trumpet cease; fold the whole Earth in peace.
- The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
- This is a day we remember the toil, of the blood and the battle on far distant soil. Lest we forget – lest our memories should fade, ’twas our boys that we lost, ’twas a high price they paid.
- To be a veteran, one must know and determine one’s price for freedom.
- America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.
Awesome Veterans Day quotes to say thank you
It’s definitely a good idea to say “thank you” to the veterans on this day. Their selflessness and sacrifice, their bravery and strength deserve our highest admiration, and there will be no better day to do it than the Veterans Day. Agree? Then check out these awesome quotes and words of thanks and choose the best ones!
- My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.
- Never was so much owed by so many to so few.
- To all who have put their lives on the line in defense of the flat, thank you.
- On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.
- A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to ‘The United States of America’ for an amount of ‘up to and including my life.’
- For your bravery, hard work, and dedication to our country, we thank you!
- For the veteran, thank you for bravely doing what you’re called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do.
- We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.
- Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
Quotes about veterans to honor them on Veterans Day
Veterans protected our country and fought for it. Veterans Day is certainly the best day to show these men and women your deep respect as well as to honor them — and we hope that these great quotes below will help you do it. They are very deep and meaningful.
- Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.
- Peace has victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
- It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
- There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism.
- Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
- We gather to remember, to honour those who’ve died,
- And thank God for the veterans who still stand at our side.
- America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world.
- The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.
- On this Veteran’s Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.
Inspirational quotes for Veterans Day
Veterans Day is also a perfect time for inspirational words. Continue reading and discover awesome encouraging quotes — they are very positive, and we are sure that the person you’ll say these words to will definitely enjoy them.
- Thank you to all Veterans for your service. You have shown us all what it truly means to belong to the land of the free and the home of the brave.
- You taught us the meaning of true patriotism. You will always be in our heart guiding us to make our country great again. Happy veterans’ day.
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!
- America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 230 years ago.
- We owe our World War II veterans – and all our veterans – a debt we can never fully repay.
- The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
- While only one day of the year is dedicated solely to honoring our veterans, Americans must never forget the sacrifices that many of our fellow countrymen have made to defend our country and protect our freedoms.
- The young patriots now returning from war in Iraq and Afghanistan and other deployments worldwide are joining the ranks of veterans to whom America owes an immense debt of Gratitude.
- We recognize and celebrate the heroes all of our veterans, we shall forever be grateful. You inspire and encourage us, your unselfishness, your courage, and your willingness to protect our freedom – no words can express our thanks.
- You’d have to go a long way to find someone who was more proud and grateful for what our veterans have done for all of us.
Famous quotes about Veterans Day by presidents
Are you planning a Veterans Day speech? In this case, you probably need to find some famous quotes about this day. The presidential quotes will work great, and that’s why we’ve collected the best of them here. The American presidents have always honored veterans and they always found the right words — and here you’ll see what we’re talking about.
- Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. – Abraham Lincoln
- Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem. – Ronald Reagan
- The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. – Abraham Lincoln
- Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. – Harry S. Truman
- It’s about how we treat our veterans every single day of the year. It’s about making sure they have the care they need and the benefits that they’ve earned when they come home. It’s about serving all of you as well as you’ve served the United States of America. – Barack Obama
- It was the transcendent fortitude and steadfastness of these men who in adversity and in suffering through the darkest hour of our history held faithful to an ideal. Here men endured that a nation might live. – Herbert Hoover
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. – John F. Kennedy
- They, and we, are the legacies of an unbroken chain of proud men and women who served their country with honor, who waged war so that we might know peace, who braved hardship so that we might know opportunity, who paid the ultimate price so that we might know freedom. – Barack Obama
- Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay. But we can honor their sacrifice, and we must. – Barack Obama
- To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations… – Woodrow Wilson
Happy Veterans Day quotes to write in a card
Writing a card will work great, too. The good thing about cards is that you don’t have to know the veteran you’ll send a card to — but even in this case, you still need the best words. And we have already found these words! Read the “Happy Veterans Day” quotes below and choose the one you like most!
- In this Veteran’s Day we stop and are thankful for all those who have fought in wars so that we have may all enjoy our freedom. The bravery and risk that these men and women took will not be forgotten.
- Patiently, we wait for their return. With a worried heart, we hope that they’re still fine and strong. Gratefully, we thank and salute them for being our great heroes.
- Triumph is only for those who are not afraid and those who never quits. Happy Veterans Day!
- A big day it is,
So a big salute from my side
For all the heroes of the country
Happy Veterans Day!
- For your valiancy, great efforts, and sacrifices for our country, we salute you.
- To be brave does not mean you’re not afraid. It means you’ll go anyway whatever may happen. Thank you Veterans!
- It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
- The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.
- For preserving the liberty of our country, we proudly salute you! Happy Veterans Day!
- The American flag still unfurls strong, resolute, and stunning. We thank the millions of our veterans for all the great efforts and immeasurable sacrifices they made for our nation. With pride and honor, we salute our beloved veterans. Happy Veterans Day!
Veterans Day quotes with words of appreciation
It makes sense that you want to express your appreciation on this day. Of course you do — these people fought for your free life in this country! Here you’ll find 10 awesome Veterans Day quotes with the most powerful words, so don’t waste your time and check them out!
- Our soldiers have nobly fought to protect freedom since our country’s birth, and have fought to protect those that could not protect themselves, even in foreign lands when called upon.
- As your big day approaches, we’d like to thank and salute you for being our hero!
- I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.
- Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
- We thank you for your great efforts, the way you protect us makes us feel safer and at ease. With great gratitude from the bottom of our hearts!
- You’ve been told that you’re broken, that you’re damaged goods and should be labeled victims.I don’t buy it. The truth, instead, is that you are the only folks with the skills, determination, and values to ensure American dominance in this chaotic world.
- To our people in uniform, past, present, and future, God favor you and bless your heart.
- We are forever thankful for all the good memories you gave us. We hope you know how grateful the people are for what you did for our country.
- We remember your service and will keep giving thanks to all courageous people in uniforms.
- From the world wars of Europe to the jungles of the Far East, from the deserts of the Middle East to the African continent, and even here in our own hemisphere, our veterans have made the world a better place and America the great country we are today.