What is fake love? Can love be faked? Can it be called love if it has never been real in the first place?
Fake love – a “love” that can make anyone cower to yearn for someone new… The kind of love that can drive you to stop falling and swear “Never again!” And despite those haunting times when you feel a sudden wanting to love, you forbid yourself for fear of getting hurt again.
But the thing is… It’s not really “love” that killed you, left you breathing. It’s the fake words, fake warmth, fake promises, and fake smiles. It’s all the lies that spun those empty memories….
Yes, so much has been done and so much has been given… Too much that there’s barely anything left of you to start over. But before you quote any of those “I’m done” and “I give up” litanies, how about you let yourself heal by fixing your biting notions of love? Instead of running away, how about dealing with pain to begin anew?
Let these fake love quotes speak to you and guide you through love’s toughest lessons. And if you happen to know someone who is going through the same, share these sad-but-true fake love quotes. They may be just words but they can turn one’s entire life around.
Famous Fake Love Quotes
Let’s get it real with these famous fake love quotes:
Heart-breaking Cheating Fake Love Quotes:
- “Those who cheat on their partners who are loyal to them; don’t deserve them. It is a trashy attitude to disrespect a person who is loyal in a relationship, by cheating on him or her.” – Ellen J. Barrier
- “I know what it’s like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can’t. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.” — Susanna (Winona Ryder), Girl, Interrupted (1999)
- “The best way to not get your heart broken, is pretending you don’t have one.” ― Charlie Sheen
- “I think sometimes when we find love we pretend it away, or ignore it, or tell ourselves we’re imagining it. Because it is the most painful kind of hope there is.” ― Rae Carson, The Bitter Kingdom
Money Fake People Quotes:
- “And that’s the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.” – Khaled Hosseini
Heartbreaking Love Cheat Quotes:
- “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” – Stephen King
- “I see the way you look at him. I know, because you used to look at me that way.” – Leo (The Vow)
Relationship Excuses Quotes:
- Real love doesn’t create excuses because it knows it cannot grow in excuses.
- “Don’t waste your time on someone who doesn’t even try. If they truly love you, they’ll find ways, not excuses.” – Ritu Ghatourey
For Those Who Have Been Heartbroken
Disloyalty, infidelity, and dishonesty are the common culprits of heart that is broken. How do you cope with it? Dealing with your negative emotions is a step toward acceptance and moving on. Perhaps you can relate to these fake-relationship quotes below.
Bad Relationship Hurt Quotes:
- If you’re in a bad, unhealthy relationship, leave. Don’t allow them to hurt you to the point that you cannot heal anymore.
- In the chain of disappointments, don’t wait for things to get better. It will only get worse.
Fake Being Used Quotes:
- If I only knew from the start that you’d come into my life to serve you some purpose other than genuine love, I would have run away and saved the tears that you don’t deserve.
- Trying to fix someone who’s broken is a dangerous game. Chances are, you will be drained before you realize you were left with nothing but regrets.
Fake Love Status:
- The only difference between real hate and fake love is how they intend to kill you. One is upfront; the other is when you least expect it.
Fail Relationship Love Captions For Instagram:
- Keeping what’s real, letting go of what’s not.
- I am my real lover.
Fake Love Quotes For WhatsApp:
- People wear masks to look perfect and then complain if they got fooled. So let’s take pride in ourselves and be loved for who we are!
- One of the toughest lessons is knowing by experience the difference between fake and real love.
Fake Love Text Message:
- If you really care for me, you will not do what can later make you lie to me.
Fake Promises Quotes
Be inspired by these motivational quotes for fake love and fake promises.
Heart-touching Love Promise Quotes:
- Love built on unkept promises is like a castle built on sand.
- A fake promise is a dagger meant to stab a trusting heart.
Fake Liar Quotes:
- To break someone’s heart with a lie is the greatest sin of all.
- Don’t enter somebody’s life if all you can give is empty promises and sweet lies.
Confusing Love Quotes:
- Either you do or you don’t. In love, there is no in-between.
- When what your ears hear is different from what your eyes see, it’s time to bring matters to your brain.
Relationship Lying Quotes:
- You can only give time for the things you put first. So if you can’t make time for me, it means I’m not who you made me believe I am.
- If you can admit your mistakes to save your relationships, it means you are capable of love.
Love Philosophy Quotes:
- Don’t hurt someone’s heart just because a person broke your heart.
- Only those people who truly love you will choose to stay in your life even after you’ve given them reasons not to.
Meaningful & Deep Quotes For Her
Do you know someone who’s been crying herself to sleep from fake love? Share these meaningful and deep quotes for her to make her feel she’s not alone.
Relationship Intentions Quotes:
- Trusting your heart to a damn fake lover isn’t stupid. Only he who breaks your heart is a fool.
- Losing love that isn’t real is winning true love for yourself.
Lovers Fight Quote:
- True lovers fight for what it’s worth. Don’t expect the same from fake lovers. They give up easily the minute it becomes uncomfortable.
- It’s not easy getting over a heartache from a love you thought was real but my hands are yours to hold and my shoulders are yours to lean on. Take comfort that you have a true friend who won’t let you go through it alone.
Trust Quotes For Her:
- It’s only fitting to trust a person you love. But only if you won’t turn a blind eye to the things you can’t tolerate.
- Be careful who you trust and love. Only such people can betray you.
Fake Loyalty Quotes:
- The only people deserving of loyalty are those who have never tried to trick you for their own gain.
- Be not afraid to cut off disloyal and dishonest people who are only there to stress you out, make you sick, and disturb your peace.
Emotional Relationship Broken Heart Quotes:
- People play games with other people’s hearts when love seems uncertain. And more often than not, it’s because they are afraid to invest too much, only to get hurt in the end.
- Healing starts when you forgive yourself for trusting the one who betrayed you. When you forgive, you are actually freeing yourself from the agonizing clutches of resentment.
Betrayal & Fake Promises Quotes and Motivation – For Him
Surviving betrayal and fake love in a relationship is tough work for anyone; even men deal with it heavily. Here are some quotes meant to encourage and help him pick up the pieces.
Stay Away From Fake Love Quotes:
- Don’t feel sad losing someone who broke your heart. If she can’t honor your love and trust now, she won’t ever for the rest of her life.
- Stay away from fake love and fake lust. A person who truly loves you will see through and through how amazing you are.
Fake Girlfriend Quotes:
- Trust her again? A woman who truly loves will stick with you no matter what. She’ll cling to you on your good days. She’ll move an inch closer to you on your bad days. A woman who doesn’t will leave you the moment the river runs dry.
- A girl who truly loves a guy will fight alongside him and not act like a prize for contenders to vie.
Playing Victim Quotes:
- Do you know what’s worse than being lied to? It’s being blamed for their mistakes.
- Provoking, then, playing the victim real quick. Beware of this kind of people who run away from the hole they created and then wait for you to fall into it.
Relationship Disappointed Quotes:
- An empty wallet and a hungry stomach teach you the difference between real and fake love.
- Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the person who you thought would never betray you.
Secret Relationship Quotes:
- A relationship made secret is no relationship at all. Privacy is different from secrecy.
- Secrets, like lies, are like an ember that can ignite a wildfire any minute. Put them out before they burn.
Sad Fake Relationship Quotes
“All we need is love…” but if it isn’t real, then, what’s the point? Breakups occur when hanging on – even for the wrong reasons – isn’t worth it anymore. It’s time to call it quits.
Love-is-Tough Quotes / Hurt Ignore Quotes:
- Love is tough when it’s real; lie but once and it will shatter.
- Being ignored by the person who you hope will love and care for you is the kind of pain that hurts the soul.
- The problem with love is it’s a true-false business… a win-lose gamble… a fulfilled-failed mission. But it’s a risk we’d ignore because it’s in our nature to love. We’re born from it, we’ve grown with it, and we will live by it.
Real One Quotes:
- Keep my name out of your lips unless your love for me is real.
- I cannot take any more heartaches before I meet the real one. So either be real or be gone.
Fake Pretending Quotes / Pretending Love Quotes:
- “Love is not fake. Lovers are fake.” – Unknown
- Pretending you care for someone is hard. But it’s harder pretending you don’t care anymore.
- What’s hard about betrayal is you retrace your life over. Only to find out you can’t really tell when it all began and if there’s been a single real thing or none.
No Love Quotes:
- Hope someday I’ll come to my senses that I don’t need someone else to be happy. That all can be good even if all I got is me.
- No love, no pain. There can be no love without pain.
Letting Go of Fake Love Quotes
Love though fake can be hard to let go of sometimes. But a love that’s not real is of no use whatsoever, just a waste of time.
I’m done Quotes:
- Lies – no matter what colors – are lies. There’s no point in collecting all colors before you say “I’m done”.
- I’m done hurting myself by loving you. I’ve given you so many chances that you never deserve. This time, the chance is for me. I deserve to have a happy life, without you.
Fakeness Back Talk Quotes:
- Beware of fake lovers who sweep you off your feet with gibberish sweet talk but speak ill of you as soon as you turn your back.
- “It’s funny how you talk ill behind my back and even funnier that you thought I’m not aware.”- Unknown
Relationship Tired Quotes:
- I’m tired of looking for excuses when all you truly do is lie.
- Trust can only be broken once. You only have one shot. Once it’s broken, you’re done!
Cheating Karma Quotes:
- Acting like a fool to fool those who try to fool you is pitching in karma to the game.
- “No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up. And if you’re lucky God will let you watch.” – Unknown
Giving Up On Love Quotes:
- Letting go of someone doesn’t mean you don’t care anymore. It’s just that you will no longer tolerate being taken for granted and belittled of your true worth.
- Realize that you have to give up on love, not because you don’t love anymore, but because that person won’t. It’s by letting go that true love will find its way.
Images and Memes on Fake Love
Here are some memes and images you can use, send or share about fake love and hashtags to go with them:
What is true love? What is fake love?
The whole point of loving a person is to have someone in your life who you can nurture and grow with. Thus, a relationship bound by true love revolves around mutual care, support, and respect.
When love is fake, the relationship cannot grow. Even if your love is real but unrequited the relationship is on the verge of its doom.
What are the signs of fake love? Here are some red flags to watch out for…
- Manipulative, they want you to change based on what they want you to become, whether you like it or not. And even if you reasoned out, they won’t listen. You just got to change. End of story.
- Distrusting, when their cynicism has become a paranoia, it might be all a facade. Perhaps, they can’t trust you because they’re afraid you’ll turn the tables and make them swallow their own pill.
- Chaotic, whether intentionally or not, the actions contradict the words of a person who doesn’t truly love you. You are often left confused, and yet it doesn’t bother them. Unless you begin to ask. Then, they get mad and accuse you of being too clingy.
- Emotionally distant, despite the physical togetherness, they bring along an invisible barricade to keep them from becoming vested and emotionally attached.
- Unavailable, they hardly have time for you. The only time they will give you their attention is when you have something they want. Once they have it, they are again beyond available.
How do you show fake love?
What if you were told your love is fake? You might have asked yourself how have you shown fake love. One of the ways is by being relentlessly dishonest. Stay true to your promises. Your words will mean nothing if your partner does not see them in your actions.
Give thoughtful attention and candid appreciation. Show your love not just by professing it on social media or when with friends. Be there for your partner and fix any conflict to show you truly care.
You might like:
How do you handle fake love? How to get over a fake relationship?
If you’ve met someone who has not been real to you, forgive, if not that person, then, yourself. Don’t allow these fake people to hurt you further by making you feel undeserving of true love. You are worth it.
If the pain is overwhelming, unburden. Scream and cry if you must. Suppressing these emotions can cause you more pain in the long run. Liberate your feelings but not to the point that they will rule and define you. Come back to love and life for your own benefit. Choose today as the moment.
Being fooled by someone you love can slay all the remaining hopes for a love that’s true. It’s the worst feeling. Sometimes, all you’ve got is all there is. And it’s okay. The more important thing is to never be the wrong person for yourself.
– written by Maria Victoria Gonzaga