Labor Day is a national holiday, celebrated on the first Monday of September. For many people, this day is associated with the end of the summer holidays. For sports fans – with the start of the new sports season in football, including college football. For most Americans, Labor Day means outdoor recreation, camping, and barbecue.
One of the reasons that the first Monday of September was chosen for the holiday was the desire to create a holiday in the long time span between Independence Day and Thanksgiving Day. After all, the absence of a holiday is a sign of boring life!
Labor Day is an excellent reason to congratulate your colleagues and subordinates. We’ve collected the best labor day quotes – check them out! Such greetings and quotations will help inspire and encourage you for hard work!
Inspirational Labor Day Quotes
When you are tired of the routine and your duties, try to find something that will inspire you. When you feel ready for new challenges, energy and enthusiasm will return. How to find inspiration?
Read the best inspirational Labor Day quotes! Working on inspiration is always fascinating, exciting and productive. Such work can hardly be called work because inspiration facilitates and accelerates any work. Save your quotes that you liked the most and get inspired when you can’t find the strength for a job!
- Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness.
- Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
- One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
- All wealth is the product of labor.
- He who labors diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor.
- Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them. — Joseph Joubert
- He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
- Your satisfaction at work lies within you. If you love your job and love what you are doing, then there you will find your peace. Do not tell yourself to love what you hate; it will only leave you unhappy.
- The chance you’ll be successful is high if all your men are following your rules. Start from teaching them the basics, and everything will follow. Disciplined workers are the great ones.
- I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.
Happy Labor Day Quotes
Today, Labor Day in the United States is a symbolic end of the summer season, an additional weekend, when most firms and almost all government agencies don’t work. Most working people spend this day in the countryside, celebrating a holiday with family or colleagues. We offer you to celebrate the holiday with happy Labor Day quotes – give toasts and enjoy this day!
- Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having except as a result of hard work.
- The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.
- Hard work is rewarding beyond gold. Sweating is living.
- To the new hero of the world, thank you. We will never forget what you have contributed to the country and to the workplace you specifically worked with. Our appreciation belongs to you because you all deserve it. Happy Labor Day!
- We would never reach this peak of our success if it is not because of all your hard works. Your workforce is important to us and I think it is a good idea to celebrate it. We really appreciate you all. Happy Labor Day.
- Passionate workers don’t care about working beyond office hours. What is important to them is to finish everything and a job well done. This day is for all who work hard for the benefit of each and every one. Happy Labor Day!
- Those who are willing to work usually are the one who became successful. Remember, no one reaches the top while doing nothing. Happy Labor Day to all who deserve it.
- Men that live without labor live in solitary and with no dignity and true independence. Happy Labor Day!
- A lot of what passes for depression these days is nothing more than a body saying that it needs work. Happy Labor Day!
- Labor Day is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race or nation. Let’s celebrate it together!
Funny Labor Day Quotes
What could be better for creating a cordial and friendly atmosphere among co-workers than funny Labor Day quotes? Share these sayings with your colleagues and make them smile and improve their mood on this day. Believe us, they will appreciate your humor and desire to cheer them up!
- The late Estee Lauder says you can never wear white shoes after Labor Day. But of course, in today’s world, that does not exist.
- A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- Hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but it improves its chances.
- Labor Day means grilling outside!
- My grandfather once told me there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to be in the first group; there was much less competition.
- Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration. The rest of us just get up and go to work.
- The concept of dignity of labor took people off the street.
- Labor Day is seen as a day of rest for many hardworking Americans.
- Labor Day is a glorious holiday because your child will be going back to school the next day. It would have been called Independence Day, but that name was already taken.
Motivational Labor Day Sayings For Employees
Everyone needs some drive, push and motivation for work. Do you and your employees feel exhausted and have no strength to work? Take a look at amazing motivational Labor Day sayings that are great for employee appreciation and encouragement. Get charged up with a good mood and energy with cool labor Day quotes.
- Each year, Labor Day gives us an opportunity to recognize the invaluable contributions that working men and women make to our nation, our economy and our collective prosperity. It gives us a chance to show gratitude for workers’ grit, dedication, ingenuity and strength, which define our nation’s character.
- For working people and union members, Labor Day stands for something special and profound. It’s a day to honor the deep commitment each of us has to serve the children we teach, the families we heal, and the communities we love.
- A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
- No man needs sympathy because he has to work, because he has a burden to carry. Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
- Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another.
- Without labor there is no rest, nor without fighting can the victory be won.
- No human masterpiece has been created without great labor.
- The dignity of labor depends not on what you do, but how you do it.
- No matter how hard the job will be, if a man is focused and determined I’m sure there’s no way he will fail. Every hard work should be pay off. Happy Labor Day!
- A boss should remind himself that the future of the company under his supervision depends on the labors of other men. It is the right of those men to be treated well and be given the best benefits they deserve. Without their help, it will never be easy.
Great Quotes About Labor Day
We gathered here the best quotes and wise sayings of famous people about Labor Day and work. Read them, get inspired and don’t forget to save the ones you like most. You may also post them on Twitter or Facebook reminding everyone that today is Labor Day!
- A hundred times every day, I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.” – Albert Einstein
- It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. – Theodore Roosevelt
- All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- It is labor indeed that puts the difference on everything. – John Locke
- Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice. – Henry Ford
- God sells us all things at the price of labor. – Leonardo da Vinci
- If any man tells you he loves America, yet hates labor, he is a liar. If any man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool. – Abraham Lincoln
- No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. – Aristotle
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. – Confucius
Labor Day Weekend Quotes
Although Labor Day is not as popular as other holidays, many Americans love it and wait for it. Check out these cute Labor Day weekend quotes and don’t forget to celebrate your friends and colleagues – send them messages with quotes and be sure to lighten up somebody’s day!
- If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labor Day Weekend.
- As we celebrate Labor Day, we honor the men and women who fought tirelessly for workers’ rights, which are so critical to our strong and successful labor force.
- It is necessary to work, if not from inclination, at least from despair. Everything considered work is less boring than amusing oneself.
- Problems and difficult situations should not stop a man in reaching his dreams. Everyone is in danger of losing a battle, but those who fight until the end find peace and satisfaction. Remember that success comes with the hard work and passion. Happy Labor Day!
- Without the help of all the staff and workers, nothing would be done easily. They are important factors in fulfilling the vision and mission of the company. A day of appreciation should really be given to them because they all deserve it. Cheers to the new heroes in town. Happy Labor Day to all of you!
- Labor Day is a special occasion to honor all workers. Please know that your efforts make a huge difference in the success of your team.
- Work is rewarding in many ways. I hope yours brings you the satisfaction you seek. Savor the Labor Day weekend as a reward for a job well done.
- No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear. Happy Labor Day!
- It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. Happy Labor Day to all of you!
- Without workmen are utterly undone. Happy Labor Day!
You may also like: