Thanksgiving Day or Turkey Day is one of the most popular and treasured holidays in the USA, which is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. It’s a wonderful day for those, who want to give thanks to everyone. What are the symbols of Thanksgiving? This holiday is associated with a turkey, as the main dish, pumpkin pie, the festive dinner at night and, of course, the Black Friday Sale the next day.
If Thankful Thursday is just around the corner, you will need some outstanding thanksgiving quotes to share them with your loved people to create holiday cheer.
Thanksgiving is definitely a great occasion to gather the whole family together. Spending time with people who always help, care and support you is precious. You have a great opportunity to tell your dear people some warm words with our Happy Thanksgiving quotes for a family. Though Thanksgiving is only once a year, we should be grateful for everything that we have every day. The inspirational quotes on Thanksgiving Day will reflect your blessings emphasizing your inner-growth and wisdom.
It’s not surprising that Thanksgiving Day is historically a Christian holiday. The celebration of Thanksgiving has undergone a lot of changes, but, still, we must not forget about religious basis. On this day we should take time to pray and thank God who has blessed us. Looking for some great ideas of religious sayings, pay attention to our Christian thanksgiving blessings quotes. They will show that you are a deeply religious person, who honor traditions.
Being thankful for all blessings you receive is a way to find harmony with yourself and the world around. Thanksgiving Day reminds us of the importance to appreciate life and everything that we have. So, let’s wish a happy Turkey Day with this amazing collection of thankful phrases for Thanksgiving Day to share around the table!
Happy Thanksgiving Quotes for Family
Do you want to impress your family with unusual greetings on Thanksgiving Day? Then look at this set, which includes a great variety of Thanksgiving quotes said by famous authors. They include the words of wisdom about the crucial notions like gratitude and kindness. These options will show your dear people that you think and care about them. Choose any of these quotes for a family to wish happy Thanksgiving and make this holiday stand out from the rest.
- “Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.”
- “On Thanksgiving I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been.”
- “Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.”
- “I love Thanksgiving because it’s a holiday that is centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me.”
- “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”
- “Family isn’t always about the people in your life who are blood relations. It’s about the people in your life who want you to be in theirs. It’s about the people in your life who accept you for who you are, support you in the things you choose to do and no matter what, are there for you. It’s the people in your life who love you, respect you and who you can depend on. Now that’s family!”
- “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.”
- “The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.”
Funny Thanksgiving Sayings for Friends
Who said that gratitude has to be serious? A good humor and sincere laughter are simple things that make our lives better and happier. If you know that your friends have an amazing sense of humor, then think about presenting them with one of the funny Thanksgiving sayings that you’ll see below. These creative ideas will evoke a lot of positive emotions. So, don’t waste time and provide your friends with these amusing lines to flash their teeth!
- “Vegetables are a must on Thanksgiving. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.”
- “We’re having something a little different this year for Thanksgiving. Instead of a turkey, we’re having a swan. You get more stuffing.”
- “I’m from Canada, so Thanksgiving to me is just Thursday with more food. And I’m thankful for that.”
- “This Thanksgiving I hope you’re able to avoid the tragedy of the different foods on your plate touching one another.”
- “Last Thanksgiving, I shot my own turkey. It was fun. That shotgun going, BLAM! Everybody at the supermarket just staring. Why track them when I know where they are?”
- “You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out.”
- “That’s one of the great things about Thanksgiving: Football’s on!”
- “Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.”
- “An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.
- “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.”
- “Happy Day after Thanksgiving! Hope you didn’t forget to set your scales back 10 pounds last night.”
Famous Quotes About Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving is probably the only time for some people to be sincerely thankful for everything that they have in life. Since it is a national holiday, many prominent figures didn’t miss a chance to leave comments on Thanksgiving. If you are interested in famous quotes about Thanksgiving Day, here you can observe the most popular ones. They include different views on the concept of gratitude said by well-known authors. Pick up the most appropriate quote for you to express the true importance of this day.
- “To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.”
- “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.”
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
- “Thanksgiving after all, is a word of action.”
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.”
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
- “Thanksgiving just gets me all warm and tingly and all kinds of wonderful inside.”
- “God gave you the gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?”
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”
- “Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.”
Inspirational Quotes on Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving reminds us of quite simple things that we all need to be thankful for. Every morning, when we wake up, we should thank God that we have one more day to change our life, develop our skills, gain new knowledge and grow in all senses. Do you need some source of motivation for your future struggles? Here are a few inspirational quotes for Thanksgiving Day, which you can share with your relatives while you are sitting at festive table and enjoying a good glass of wine.
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.”
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.”
- “We are blessed in so many ways; many things we take for granted but we should stop and be thankful each and every day.”
- “Stand up, on this Thanksgiving Day, stand upon your feet. Believe in man. Soberly and with clear eyes, believe in your own time and place. There is not, and there never has been a better time, or a better place to live in.”
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
- “If you made a list of all the things you could be thankful for, the list would undoubtedly be longer than your misfortunes.”
- “Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make everyday a holiday in which you celebrate just living.”
- “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
Christian Thanksgiving Blessings Quotes
What is Thanksgiving Day for you? Is it only about eating a delicious turkey or preparing for an annual shopping on Black Friday? Thanksgiving means much more than these ordinary things – it is our attitude towards life and people around us. Sometimes we forget that there are so many things we should thank God for. Here are some beautiful examples of Christian Thanksgiving quotes, which are compiled to express gratitude to God for his blessings.
- “A sensible thanksgiving for mercies received is a mighty prayer in the Spirit of God. It prevails with Him unspeakably.”
- “A spirit of thankfulness is one of the most distinctive marks of a Christian whose heart is attuned to the Lord. Thank God in the midst of trials and every persecution.”
- “Thanksgiving is nothing if not a glad and reverent lifting of the heart to God in honor and praise for His goodness.”
- “God has promised to supply all our needs. What we don’t have now, we don’t need now.” –Elisabeth Elliot
- “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.”
- “Gratitude produces deep, abiding joy because we know that God is working in us, even through difficulties.”
- “There are three requisites to the proper enjoyment of earthly blessings: a thankful reflection, on the goodness of the giver; a deep sense of our own unworthiness; and a recollection of the uncertainty of our long possessing them. The first will make us grateful; the second, humble; and the third, moderate.”
- “Be thankful. God has commanded it—for our good and for His glory. God’s command to be thankful is not the threatening demand of a tyrant. Rather, it is the invitation of a lifetime—the opportunity to draw near to Him at any moment of the day.”
- “To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us — and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him.”
- “Gratitude is an offering precious in the sight of God, and it is one that the poorest of us can make and be not poorer but richer for having made it.”
Catching Short Quotes on Thanksgiving and Gratitude
There is something special about receiving a message with a Thanksgiving quote, isn’t it? In this way, the dearest people express their warm blessings and elevate our feelings. Do you want to follow this tradition? These wonderful quotes on Thanksgiving Day are rather short, but they are filled with gratitude, which serves as a great introduction to the holiday celebration. They will help to have a happy Thanksgiving that will be cherished for a long time.
- “Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.”
- “Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart will find the pathway home.”
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”
- “On Thanksgiving Day, we acknowledge our dependence.”
- “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.”
- “I’m thankful for every moment.”
- “An attitude of gratitude brings great things.”
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.”
- “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.”
Cool Thankful Phrases for Thanksgiving Day
Are you unsure of how to greet your relatives and friends on Thanksgiving? These exciting thankful phrases will do most of the talking. You can use them to complete your holiday gift or just express love and care to those, who support and take care of you. Let’s share this fascinating list of Thanksgiving lines with our loved ones to get into the spirit of the joyous holiday.
- “The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!”
- “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.”
- “Being Thankful is not in a day, but it’s a lifestyle.”
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
- “For each new morning with its light. For rest and shelter of the night. For health and food, for love and friends. For everything Thy goodness sends.”
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.”
- “Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.”
Best Thanksgiving Love Quotes
On Thanksgiving Day there is a nice tradition to thank everyone in our life, especially the special people like our sweethearts or spouses. The Thanksgiving quotes are small things that can make our holiday greeting more heartfelt and significant. If you are looking for romantic options to please your lover, then concentrate on the best thanksgiving love quotes below. These cute ideas are supposed to help your partner realize how loved and important he or she is for you and make your love relationship stronger.
- “On this Thanksgiving Day, I wish to say that I am honored to have you in my life. Thanks for loving and caring for me.”
- “I really cherish having you in my life. You fill my world with so much warmth. Happy Thanksgiving my love!”
- “They say love is all you need. I never believed that I until I met the one who gave me all the love I need – and I thank you for that.”
- “Thank you for your tender love. You’ll never really know. How happy that you’ve made me and how much I love you so.”
- “At Thanksgiving, more than our plates are full – so are our hearts. I have a heart full of gratitude for the gift of a life partner like you.”
- “Thanks so much for being there on my side and supporting me all through. Without you my life would have been incomplete.”
- “Thank you for loving me and keeping me. You know my flaws and all yet your love remains. I can’t explain but I’m grateful.”
- “Thank you for being so generous thoughtful and so true. And thank you most of all for just being you.”
Beautiful Thanksgiving Poems on Images
Turkey Day is a holiday we are waiting for during a year. It brings fun, happiness and hope for a better future. People start holiday preparation beforehand, where different Thanksgiving cards, greeting and wishes take an important part. Whether you are too busy or just need some inspiration to choose the most outstanding gift for your loved ones, we can help you with these interesting Thanksgiving poems on images. Let’s have an unforgettable party!