What is there about sending a nice full paragraph to your bestie, girlfriend or boyfriend, husband or wife? Yes, it is indeed the thought that counts. A paragraph says you care enough to go beyond tossing out a cheap two-word Happy Birthday. Toss out a compliment, express your feelings, create a surprise.
Most of us assume a birthday is happy on the face of it. But, sometimes your message is the perfect remedy for someone suffering from the “birthday blues.”
Urban Dictionary defines “Birthday Blues” as “a general sadness or feeling down by a person on or around his or her birthday.” A person feeling birthday blues should know it is normal to feel this way and should be supported. That’s where you come in.
There are several reasons birthdays might be bummers and need your boost. They can remind us we are aging another year. It’s the “official” day we are one year older. Most of us don’t look forward to that, do we?
So we have compiled a whole bunch of birthday paragraphs. Look them over and make it a really Happy Birthday by sending them.
And Our Expert Says…
All over the world it’s customary to congratulate a person on their birthday. If we’re French we say, “Bon anniversaire!” The Germans say, “Alles Gute zum Geburstag!” And if we’re English we say, “Happy birthday!”
- What we assume, regardless of language, is we’re happy about getting another year older which is not a safe assumption at all!
- What’s best is to show, through the words you’ve chosen, that you’ve taken time to think through how the person you’re selecting them for will feel about them. If it’s one of the paragraphs on this page, is it a good fit? For them, as well as yourself?
- Don’t be afraid to take a paragraph and change it to make it say exactly what you want it to. Use it as a starter and be brave! If you’re genuinely sincere, the words you say will be appreciated.
- Would it help to read a speech prepared for a 50th birthday? You’ll see the speaker is really not that happy about birthdays. However he’s making an effort because it’s a milestone celebration for his much loved friend.
Only the Best Paragraphs to Wish Happy Birthday
You can write notes, send emails, make banners, and do everything else with these paragraphs. Stand out from the crowd at the birthday party. Here they are:
- Let me take the reins on this one so that you can sit back and relax on your birthday. No friend deserves it more! Happy Birthday!
- I’m so far from you, but I still feel like you are right beside me—and we are celebrating your birthday. Cheers from a thousand miles away, my friend. You will always be in my mind and in my heart. Happy birthday!
- Because today is your birthday, you have earned a particularly good deed. You’ll get a really very nice present today, something that shows the world that I always think of you. It is a ring of sparkling stones, I hope you do not begin to cry now. Happy birthday, dearie.
- There’s no way I can pour my heart out to you in two lines. I will give you a long hug and spill all my feelings to you. I hope that you have a great day today. Happy birthday.
- I bet you can’t wait to tear into the gifts we all got you, just keep in mind the golden rule: The person who gets you the biggest one loves you the most. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Paragraph Images