What is the key secret of a successful brilliant witty joke?
It shouldn’t be complicated and long in order to be catchy and on point.
Probably, it’s also the most challenging part.
Indeed, well-executed smart humor has to be unique, concise, as well as not be obvious straight away. Through numerous creative tricks like double meaning, pun, and wordplay, you can provoke listeners’ thinking, besides making them laugh.
Wanna become the life of your next party? Execute a piece of nontrivial humor in front of your friends? Show up your witty brain and unboring sense of humor?
Check out these hilarious clever jokes to start your own joke game:
Funny Clever Jokes That Make You Sound Smart
There are a lot of ways to make people laugh through a handful of words. But when it comes to a sophisticated audience, an average «pop» joke is not enough.
To sound smart and witty, get inspired with these funny clever jokes:
- Why was 500AD to 900AD known as the Dark Ages? – Because those were the days of the knights!
- I told my doctor that I broke my arm in two places… She told me to stop going to those places.
- How does Moses make his coffee? – Hebrews it.
- I hate Russian dolls…so full of themselves.
- Divide 12 by 4, or a quarter. Now, do you get it? – I didn’t. Someone had to tell me to do that.
- I invented a new word: Plagiarism!
- Why should the number 288 never be mentioned? – It’s two gross.
- Did you hear about the man who got cooled to absolute zero?… He’s 0K now.
The Best Clever Witty Jokes to Stand Out at A Party
Remember to make your witty joke not only clever, but also unique. Smart humor is usually based on creative comparisons, subtle metaphors, and real-life prototypes hidden behind the symbolic characters.
- What did the DNA say to the other DNA? – Do these genes make me look fat?
- I told my wife she was drawing her eyebrows too high. She looked surprised.
- We have a genetic predisposition for diarrhea. Runs in our jeans.
- Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 is a registered 6 offender.
- The world’s population is split sort of evenly between men and women, making the average human part male, part female, and a complete pain to shop for.
- Why do we tell actors to “break a leg?” – Because every play has a cast.
- What did the 0 say to the 8? – Nice belt!
- Three logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks, “Do all of you want a drink?”… The first logician says, “I don’t know.” The second logician says, “I don’t know.” The third logician says, “Yes!”
The Funniest Smart Jokes to Remember
These funniest smart jokes will impress even the most educated and thinking audience:
- What do you call someone who is smart compared to horses? – A stable genius!
- You don’t need a parachute to go skydiving. You do need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
- I, for one, like Roman numerals.
- I went on a once in a lifetime holiday. Never again.
- Who knew that the opening strands of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony were an homage to his favorite fruit?
- Yesterday I saw a guy spill all his Scrabble letters on the road. I asked him, “What’s the word on the street?”
- Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom? – Because the “P” is silent.
- A photon checks into a hotel and the bellhop asks him if he has any luggage…. The photon replies, “No, I’m traveling light.”
Hilarious Clever Jokes for a Witty Discussion
Spice up your witty discussion with a picked clever joke out of this list:
- Why are computers so smart? – Because they listen to their motherboards!
- Somebody stole my mood ring. I don’t know how I feel about it.
- Sixteen sodium atoms walk into a bar… followed by Batman.
- I was wondering, why does a frisbee appear larger the closer it gets… then it hit me.
- Photons are particles representing an amount of light. This particular photon didn’t need a suitcase because it was going to a nudist convention.
- Why don’t scientists trust atoms? – Because they make up everything.
- Why did the yogurt go to the art exhibition? – Because it was cultured.
- I’m thinking about selling my theremin… I haven’t touched it in years.
Brilliant Brainy Jokes That Make You Think
A perfect joke is the one, which makes people both laugh and think:
- Scientists recently discovered a new dinosaur that was very intelligent. They named it thesaurus.
- I broke my finger last week. On the other hand, I’m okay.
- Nobody: How do you think the unthinkable?
Mike Tyson: With an itheberg.
- What’s the best thing about Switzerland? I don’t know, but their flag is a huge plus.
- Wait, did our copy editor fall into some cosmic wormhole? No, we just told the middle of the joke first, followed by the beginning. The time traveller hasn’t arrived at the end yet.
- What sits at the bottom of the sea and twitches? – A nervous wreck.
- What do you get from a pampered cow? – Spoiled milk.
- I’m reading an antigravity book. It’s impossible to put down!
Very Intellectual Jokes for The Chosen
Look no more for the unique intellectual jokes for the chosen sophisticated listeners:
- Why do people call organic chemistry the meanest science? – Because it’s always pushing electrons around!
- Working in a mirror factory is something I can totally see myself doing.
- Why can’t orphans play baseball? – Because they don’t know where home is.
- Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be…
- When his fellow explorers found Magellan hiding an Ace up his sleeve, they sent him packing to southern Chile toward the Straits of Magellan.
- A man tells his doctor, “Doc, help me. I’m addicted to Twitter!” The doctor replies, “Sorry, I don’t follow you…”
- Why can’t male ants sink? – They’re buoy-ant.
- Always remember — you’re unique. Just like everyone else.
If you enjoyed our collection of brilliant brainy jokes, test your favorites the other day and feel free to share the funniest short jokes with your friends. Add some fun to their life and make them «think out loud» 😉