- 1 Funny Saint Patrick’s Day Quotes
- 2 Incredible Saint Patrick Quotes
- 3 Gorgeous Blessings for St Patrick’s day
- 4 Happy St. Patrick’s Day Phrases
- 5 Good Luck Sayings on St Patrick’s Day
- 6 Cool Irish Quotes to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- 7 Irish Super Drinking Quotes
- 8 Famous Irish Proverbs for St Paddy’s Day
- 9 Remarkable St Patrick’s Day Puns and Jokes
- 10 Happy St Patrick’s Day Wishes
St. Patrick’s Day, which is also known as St. Paddy’s Day, is celebrated all over the world. It has some specific traditions, which are extremely popular among the Irish: wearing green clothes, drinking green beer, singing and dancing in pubs, watching a parade and generally having a good time. If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, here you will find some of the most interesting Saint Patrick quotes and wishes.
Every year on March 17 all Irish gather together to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This is the feast day of the Roman Catholic patron saint of Ireland – St. Patrick. According to the story of St. Patrick, he was a Christian missionary and bishop from Roman Britain. When St. Patrick was 16, Irish raiders kidnapped him and brought to Ireland as a slave. Later he escaped and joined a monastery.
But what makes St. Patrick’s Day so special? The friendly atmosphere and Irish spirit that is everywhere. People laugh at funny Saint Patrick’s Day quotes and jokes. They pretend to wear the similar clothes and have the same redhead genes, which make them closer to each other.
The celebration of St. Patrick’s Day has broadened far beyond the country. “The luck of the Irish” is a popular theme for the national celebration, which means a positive attitude towards life and optimistic look at any problems or bad situations. It’s not surprising that St Patrick’s Day sayings used to wish good luck have transformed into a traditional act.
Today the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day is bigger and more expressive than ever before. Whether you celebrate this Big Day because you are Irish or you want to taste a real traditional drink in honor of the patron Saint of Ireland, this cool collection of happy St. Patrick’s Day phrases will come in handy. Make St. Patrick’s Day special with these great Irish sayings and quotes.
Funny Saint Patrick’s Day Quotes
The Irish are well-known for their beautiful sense of humor. They know very well how to tell a joke and especially prefer joking about themselves. Political situation and other important issues do not fall within the sphere of vital interests. The majority of Saint Patrick’s jokes are connected with alcohol. The quick-wittedness of Irish people becomes evident in these funny and highly enthusiastic quotes on Saint Patrick’s Day.
- “Every St. Patrick’s Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.” — Shane Leslie
- “Ooh, it’s been St. Patrick’s Day for hours and I’m still not drunk yet.” ― Homer Simpson
- “Who’s this Patrick anyway? The patron saint of liquor distributors? Here’s the real truth, he didn’t get rid of snakes in Ireland. He just got rid of the ones he was seeing.” ― Lewis Black
- “The Irish don’t know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it.” – Sidney Littlewood
- “Same thing every year, getting up at the crack of dawn, drinking, fighting, throwing up, pissing on walls, and then you leave the house and things get bad.” ― Greg Fitzsimmons
- “I come from an Irish family. St. Patrick’s Day was our big holiday. The night before we’d hang up our stockings and in the morning, they’d be full of beer.” – Sean Morey
- Everyone’s a little Irish for the next 24 hours.
- The legend goes that St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. I was thinking … that must be hard to put all the tiny seatbelts on all the snakes.
- Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don’t want to press your luck.
- “That’s right, there’s free beer in Irish paradise. Everyone’s jealous.” -Kevin Hearne
- May you die in bed at ninety-five years, shot by a jealous husband (or wife). – Irish Saying
- May your St. Patrick’s Day be beery, and oh so cheery.
Incredible Saint Patrick Quotes
Do you have any plans for St Patrick’s Day? Are you going to take part in a parade, have a party or stay at home? Do you want to taste corned beef with a cold green beer at a local pub? Whatever you are planning to do on this holiday, it’s always fun to present others with a good set of Saint Patrick quotes. The most amazing variations are here for you to make you feel like you have found a pot of gold.
- “I am Patrick, a sinner, most uncultivated and least of all the faithful and despised in the eyes of many.” – Saint Patrick
- “For daily I expect to be murdered or betrayed or reduced to slavery if the occasion arises. But I fear nothing, because of the promises of Heaven; for I have cast myself into the hands of Almighty God, who reigns everywhere. As the prophet says: ‘Cast your burden on the Lord and he will sustain you.”
- “Sufficient for me is that honour which is not seen of men but is felt in the heart, as faithful is He who hath promised and who never lies.” – Saint Patrick
- “I pray to God to give me perseverance and to design that I be a faithful witness to Him to the end of my life for my God.”- St. Patrick
- “Each and all shall render account for even our smallest sins before the judgement seat of Christ the Lord.” – St. Patrick
- “The Lord discovered to me a sense of my unbelief that, though late, I should remember my transgressions and that I should be converted with my whole heart to the Lord my God.” – Saint Patrick
- “Before I was humiliated I was like a stone that lies in deep mud, and he who is mighty came and in his compassion raised me up and exalted me very high and placed me on the top of the wall.” – Saint Patrick
- “What is more, let anyone laugh and taunt if he so wishes. I am not keeping silent, nor am I hiding the signs and wonders that were shown to me by the Lord many years before they happened, [he] who knew everything, even before the beginning of time.” – Saint Patrick
- “No one should ever say that it was my ignorance if I did or showed forth anything however small according to God’s good pleasure; but let this be your conclusion and let it so be thought, that – as is the perfect truth – it was the gift of God.” – Saint Patrick
- “Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
― St. Patrick
- “I have had the good fortune through my God that I should never abandon his people whom I have acquired in the extremities of the earth.” – Saint Patrick
- “We entreat thee, holy youth, to come and walk still among us.” ― St. Patrick
Gorgeous Blessings for St Patrick’s day
Sharing blessings on St Patrick’s Day is a popular Irish tradition. It’s a fantastic way to show you love, care and support towards your family, relatives, friends and desires for a better future. Irish blessings are a huge part of Celtic culture. Moreover, they are universal, so you can use the majority of them for any occasions like Christmas or New Year. Here are some great examples of blessings for St Patrick’s Day, which are sure to make everyone feel good.
- “May you have love that never ends, lots of money and lots of friends. Health be yours, whatever you do, and may God send many blessings to you.”
- May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go, and guide you in whatever you do – and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.
- A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
- May the best day of your past. Be the worst day of your future.
- May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go, and guide you in whatever you do and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always. –Irish Blessing
- May the dreams you hold dearest be those which come true and the kindness you spread keep returning to you.
- May God bless and keep in good health your enemies’ enemies. – Irish Blessing
- May your troubles be less. And your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness come through your door. – Irish Blessing
- May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. – Irish Blessing
- May your home be always too small to hold your friends. —Irish Toast
- May the blessings of each day be the blessings you need most.
- Here’s to you and here’s to me, I pray that friends we’ll always be, but if by chance we disagree, the heck with you and here’s to me.— Irish Toast
Happy St. Patrick’s Day Phrases
If you see a lot of green things everywhere, don’t panic – it means that St. Patrick’s Day is coming. Despite your plans for this holiday, these fascinating Irish phrases is a nice way to emphasize your festiveness and say to everyone “Happy St. Patrick’s Day”. They are perfect reminders that you’re surrounded by dear and loved people. To help with your celebration, have a look at our awesome collection of ideas.
- Hope you have a very GREEN St. Patty’s – With lots of lucky green wishes that all come true!
- Hope a bit o’ Irish luck and a bit o’ Irish cheer will snuggle down inside your heart and stay all through the year!
- If you hold a four-leaf shamrock in your left hand at dawn on St. Patrick’s Day you get what you want very much but haven’t wished for. – Patricia Lynch
- Long live the Irish, long live the cheer, and long live our friendship year after year!
- If you’re not drinking green beer today you’re not Irish. Happy St Pat’s!!
- May you always have a clean shirt, a clear conscience, and enough coins in your pocket to buy a pint! — Irish Toast
- Looking for a leprechaun and his luck!
- May the luck of the Irish be with you.
- As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. — Irish Blessing
- The leprechauns made me do it!
- Everyone needs a little beer and a little Irish in them on St. Patrick’s day.
- Have a sham-ROCKIN’ Day!
Good Luck Sayings on St Patrick’s Day
During some special occasion like St Patrick’s Day, wishing good luck and all the best has become a habit that all the Irish people strictly stick to. In this way, the Irish express their love and concern. It’s clear that coming up with a clever and striking saying can be a problem. In order to save your time, we’ve compiled some lovely options, which are supposed to capture your feels at once!
- “If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad, as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness.” ― Les Brown
- “Luck is not as random as you think. Before that lottery ticket won the jackpot, someone had to buy it.”- Vera Nazarian
- “Sometimes not getting what you want is a brilliant stroke of luck.” ― Lorii Myers
- “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” – Barbara Scher
- “Good luck happens when preparedness meets opportunity.” ― Seneca
- “If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.” – Maya Angelou
- “Luck is believing you’re lucky.” —Tennessee Williams
- You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it.
- Who needs luck. I have charm.
- Not lucky, just blessed and Irish!
- “The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.” – Douglas MacArthur
- Good Luck! With the best and warmest St. Patrick’s wishes!
Cool Irish Quotes to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
If you are going to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year, you are bound to need some greetings for your family and friends. Fortunately, here you can find traditional Irish quotes about Ireland, its people and culture to mark St. Patrick’s Day. You may use these captivating lines to caption an Instagram post or share them on Facebook. Now let’s raise a glass of beer and cheers!
- “We may have bad weather in Ireland, but the sun shines in the hearts of the people and that keeps us all warm.” – – Marianne Williamson
- “In Ireland, the inevitable never happens but the impossible always does.” —John P. Mahaffy
- “If you’re Irish, it doesn’t matter where you go – you’ll find family.” – – Victoria Smurfit
- “The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick.” – Stephen Gwynn
- “Here’s to good Irish friends – never above you, never below you, always beside you.” – Irish Saying
- “Yeah, it’s St Paddy’s Day. Everyone’s Irish tonight” – The Boondock Saints
- The heart of an Irishman is nothing but his imagination. – George Bernard Shaw
- If you hold a four-leaf shamrock in your left hand at dawn on St. Patrick’s Day you get what you want very much but haven’t wished for.
- “St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time — a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.” – Adrienne Cook
- “In Ireland the inevitable never happens and the unexpected constantly occurs.” – John Pentland Mahaffy
- May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live. – Irish saying
- Long live the Irish, long live the cheer, and long live our friendship year after year!
Irish Super Drinking Quotes
St. Patrick Day is a feast when everyone wears green plastic hats and drink a lot of beer like Guinness or Irish whiskey and wakes up with a terrible hangover the next day. As usual, St Patrick’s Day starts out with a mutual love to each other, but the night ends up with fights or scuffles, which is an ordinary thing on this day. Even though the holiday itself has become too commercialized and got away from the original idea of honoring Saint Patrick, it would hard to deny the fact that all the Irish (and not only them) really enjoy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. It’s impossible to imagine this feast without some exciting Irish drinking quotes. So, enjoy this set!
- “If you’re not drinking green beer today you’re not Irish. Happy St Pat’s!!”
- “God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.” – Ed McMahon
- “Work is the curse of the drinking class.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Drinking beer doesn’t make you fat, it makes you lean…Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.” – Gerard Way
- “An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth.”
- “I only take a drink on two occasions – when I’m thirsty and when I’m not.” – Brendan Behan
- There are many good reasons for drinking,
One has just entered my head.
If a man doesn’t drink when he’s living,
How in the hell can he drink when he’s dead?
~ Irish saying
- Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord-and it makes you miss him. – Irish saying
- “Let’s drink green beer! Let’s do green Jell-o shots! Where’s your Saint Patrick’s Day spirit?” — Barney, How I Met Your Mother
- One Guinness, two Guinness, …10 Guinness.
- Irish today. Hungover tomorrow.
- Hope you have a very GREEN St. Patty’s – With lots of green beer and lucky green wishes that all come true!
Famous Irish Proverbs for St Paddy’s Day
Luckily, the Irish are not shy when it comes to speaking their minds. They can be proud of their cultural heritage, which includes a big variety of St Paddy’s Day sayings and proverbs. This collection of Irish proverbs is ideal for a celebration of St Paddy’s Day (and for God’s sake, stop calling it St. Patty’s Day, everyone knows it’s wrong). These proverbs are short, but they represent cultural wisdom and knowledge. The proverbs of the Irish have stuck around for so long, that’s why you can learn something new from them.
- If you’re enough lucky to be Irish… You’re lucky enough!
- May the roof above us never fall in. And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
- May your heart be light and happy, may your smile be big and wide, and may your pockets always have a coin or two inside.
- The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
- May the enemies of Ireland never meet a friend.
- A drink precedes a story.
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.
- Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away. But never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.
- If you’re lucky enough to be Irish… you’re lucky enough! – Irish saying
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
- May the enemies of Ireland never meet a friend.
- May misfortune follow you the rest of your life, and never catch up.
Remarkable St Patrick’s Day Puns and Jokes
What is the main source of humor on St Patrick’s Day? Of course, it’s the Irish love for alcohol, that’s why the typical puns and jokes poke fun at their habit of drinking beer. Actually, the biggest amount of St Patrick’s humor is revealed through toasts made by the Irish during the celebration. If you desire to get a taste of the Irish sense of humor, observe these amazing puns and jokes below.
- My wife made me a green hamburger today to celebrate St Patrick’s Day. I asked her how she colored it and she said she didn’t know what I was talking about.
- Lucky like a four leaf clover.
- Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day? Regular rocks are too heavy.
- What do the Irish dream about? Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with his gang of leprechauns.
- Irish you a happy St. Patrick’s day!
- Get your Irish on.
- May the luck be with you.
- Wish you were beer.
- Irish you were pizza.
- I’m so lepre-gone right now.
- Not anyone can be Irish, someone has to drive.
- Let’s the shenanigans begin.
Happy St Patrick’s Day Wishes
You can’t deny the fact that the Feast of Saint Patrick is a fun holiday to spend in a company of good friends and family. There is a wonderful tradition to send beautiful images and nice wishes to celebrate St Paddy’s Day. Do you want to follow this custom? We hope you do. Yet, if you think that this holiday is only about shamrocks, a pot of gold, leprechauns and four-leaf clovers, well, it’s not exactly right. It’s about unity of all the Irish people, no matter if they live in Ireland or form the Irish diaspora all over the world. So, get dressed up in green, put your St. Patrick’s Day hat on and get ready to celebrate with other Irish people while having a beer, or two, or more. And of course, don’t forget to browse through this list of happy St Patrick’s Day wishes and share them on any social media to cheer everyone dear for you.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were. — Irish Saying
- You are the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow. Happy St. Patrick’s Day dear!
- For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way—good health, good luck and happiness for today and everyday. —Irish Rhyme
- It is better to spend money like there’s no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there’s no money! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. And may trouble avoid you wherever you go. – Irish Blessing
- These things I warmly wish for you: Someone to love, some work to do, A bit o’ sun, a bit o’ cheer, And a guardian angel always near.
- Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter
Lullabies, dreams, and love ever after.
Poems and songs with pipes and drums
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes.
- May luck be our companion
May friends stand by our side
May history remind us all
Of Ireland’s faith and pride.
May God bless us with happiness
May love and faith abide.
- What color should be seen
Where our fathers’ homes have been
But their own immortal Green?
- Chasing gold will never make you happy. Just ask the Leprechaun. I am happy because I have you. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Get your Irish on. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Shamrocks, gold a’ plenty, and tons of Irish smiles. Hope your celebration brings much togetherness with friends and family all the while!