- 1 Funny Saint Patrick’s Day Quotes
- 2 Incredible Saint Patrick Quotes
- 3 Gorgeous Blessings for St Patrick’s day
- 4 Happy St. Patrick’s Day Phrases
- 5 Good Luck Sayings on St Patrick’s Day
- 6 Cool Irish Quotes to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- 7 Irish Super Drinking Quotes
- 8 Famous Irish Proverbs for St Patty’s Day
- 9 Remarkable St Patrick’s Day Puns and Jokes
- 10 Happy St Patrick’s Day Images with Wishes
St. Patrick’s Day, which is also known as Patty Day, is celebrated all over the world. It has some specific traditions, which are extremely popular among the Irish: wearing green clothes, drinking green beer, singing and dancing in pubs, watching a parade and generally having a good time. If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, here you will find some of the most interesting Saint Patrick quotes and wishes.
Every year on March 17 all Irish gather together to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This is the feast day of the Roman Catholic patron saint of Ireland – St. Patrick. According to the story of St. Patrick, he was a Christian missionary and bishop from Roman Britain. When St. Patrick was 16, Irish raiders kidnapped him and brought to Ireland as a slave. Later he escaped and joined a monastery.
But what makes St. Patrick’s Day so special? The friendly atmosphere and Irish spirit that is everywhere. People laugh at funny Saint Patrick’s Day quotes and jokes. They pretend to wear the similar clothes and have the same redhead genes, which make them closer to each other.
The celebration of St. Patrick’s Day has broadened far beyond the country. “The luck of the Irish” is a popular theme for the national celebration, which means a positive attitude towards life and optimistic look at any problems or bad situations. It’s not surprising that St Patrick’s Day sayings used to wish good luck have transformed into a traditional act.
Today the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day is bigger and more expressive than ever before. Whether you celebrate this Big Day because you are Irish or you want to taste a real traditional drink in honor of the patron Saint of Ireland, this cool collection of happy St. Patrick’s Day phrases will come in handy. Make St. Patrick’s Day special with these great Irish sayings and quotes.
Funny Saint Patrick’s Day Quotes
The Irish are well-known for their beautiful sense of humor. They know very well how to tell a joke and especially prefer joking about themselves. Political situation and other important issues do not fall within the sphere of vital interests. The majority of Saint Patrick’s jokes are connected with alcohol. The quick-wittedness of Irish people becomes evident in these funny and highly enthusiastic quotes on Saint Patrick’s Day.
- “Every St. Patrick’s Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.” — Shane Leslie
- “Ooh, it’s been St. Patrick’s Day for hours and I’m still not drunk yet.” ― Homer Simpson
- “Who’s this Patrick anyway? The patron saint of liquor distributors? Here’s the real truth, he didn’t get rid of snakes in Ireland. He just got rid of the ones he was seeing.” ― Lewis Black
- “The Irish don’t know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it.” – Sidney Littlewood
- “Same thing every year, getting up at the crack of dawn, drinking, fighting, throwing up, pissing on walls, and then you leave the house and things get bad.” ― Greg Fitzsimmons
- “I come from an Irish family. St. Patrick’s Day was our big holiday. The night before we’d hang up our stockings and in the morning, they’d be full of beer.” – Sean Morey
Incredible Saint Patrick Quotes
Do you have any plans for St Patrick’s Day? Are you going to take part in a party or stay at home? Do you want to taste corned beef with a cold green beer at a local pub? Whatever you are planning to do on this holiday, it’s always fun to present others with a good set of Saint Patrick quotes. The most amazing variations are here for you to make you feel like you have found a pot of gold.
- “I am Patrick, a sinner, most uncultivated and least of all the faithful and despised in the eyes of many.” – Saint Patrick
- “For daily I expect to be murdered or betrayed or reduced to slavery if the occasion arises. But I fear nothing, because of the promises of Heaven; for I have cast myself into the hands of Almighty God, who reigns everywhere. As the prophet says: ‘Cast your burden on the Lord and he will sustain you.”
- “Sufficient for me is that honour which is not seen of men but is felt in the heart, as faithful is He who hath promised and who never lies.” – Saint Patrick
- “I pray to God to give me perseverance and to design that I be a faithful witness to Him to the end of my life for my God.”- St. Patrick
- “Each and all shall render account for even our smallest sins before the judgement seat of Christ the Lord.” – St. Patrick
- “The Lord discovered to me a sense of my unbelief that, though late, I should remember my transgressions and that I should be converted with my whole heart to the Lord my God.” – Saint Patrick
Gorgeous Blessings for St Patrick’s day
Sharing blessings on St Patrick’s Day is a popular Irish tradition. It’s a fantastic way to show you love, care and support towards your family, relatives, friends and desires for a better future. Irish blessings are a huge part of Celtic culture. Moreover, they are universal, so you can use the majority of them for any occasions like Christmas or New Year. Here are some great examples of blessings for St Patrick’s Day, which are sure to make everyone feel good.
- “May you have love that never ends, lots of money and lots of friends. Health be yours, whatever you do, and may God send many blessings to you.”
- May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go, and guide you in whatever you do – and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.
- A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
- May the best day of your past. Be the worst day of your future.
- May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go, and guide you in whatever you do and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always. –Irish Blessing
- May the dreams you hold dearest be those which come true and the kindness you spread keep returning to you.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day Phrases
If you see a lot of green things everywhere, don’t panic – it means that St. Patrick’s Day is coming. Despite your plans for this holiday, these fascinating Irish phrases is a nice way to emphasize your festiveness and say to everyone “Happy St. Patrick’s Day”. They are perfect reminders that you’re surrounded by dear and loved people. To help with your celebration, have a look at our awesome collection of ideas.
- Hope you have a very GREEN St. Patty’s – With lots of lucky green wishes that all come true!
- Hope a bit o’ Irish luck and a bit o’ Irish cheer will snuggle down inside your heart and stay all through the year!
- If you hold a four-leaf shamrock in your left hand at dawn on St. Patrick’s Day you get what you want very much but haven’t wished for. – Patricia Lynch
- Long live the Irish, long live the cheer, and long live our friendship year after year!
- If you’re not drinking green beer today you’re not Irish. Happy St Pat’s!!
Good Luck Sayings on St Patrick’s Day
During some special occasion like St Patrick’s Day, wishing good luck and all the best has become a habit that all Irish strictly stick to. In this way, the Irish express their love and concern. It’s clear that coming up with a clever and striking saying can be a problem. In order to save your time, we’ve compiled some lovely options, which are supposed to capture your feels at once!
- “If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad, as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness.” ― Les Brown
- “Luck is not as random as you think. Before that lottery ticket won the jackpot, someone had to buy it.”- Vera Nazarian
- “Sometimes not getting what you want is a brilliant stroke of luck.” ― Lorii Myers
- “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” – Barbara Scher
- “Good luck happens when preparedness meets opportunity.” ― Seneca
- “If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.” – Maya Angelou
Cool Irish Quotes to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
If you are going to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year, you are bound to need some greetings for your family and friends. Fortunately, here you can find traditional Irish quotes about Ireland, its people and culture to mark St. Patrick’s Day. You may use these captivating lines to caption an Instagram post or share them on Facebook. Now let’s raise a glass of beer and cheers!
- “We may have bad weather in Ireland, but the sun shines in the hearts of the people and that keeps us all warm.” – – Marianne Williamson
- “In Ireland, the inevitable never happens but the impossible always does.” —John P. Mahaffy
- “If you’re Irish, it doesn’t matter where you go – you’ll find family.” – – Victoria Smurfit
- “The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick.” – Stephen Gwynn
- “Here’s to good Irish friends – never above you, never below you, always beside you.” – Irish Saying
Irish Super Drinking Quotes
St. Patrick Day is a feast when everyone wears green plastic hats and drink a lot of beer like Guinness or Irish whiskey and wakes up with a terrible hangover next day. As usual, St Patrick’s Day starts out with a mutual love to each other, but the night ends with fights or scuffles, which is an ordinary thing on this day. It’s impossible to imagine St Patrick’s Day without some exciting Irish drinking quotes. So, enjoy this set!
- “If you’re not drinking green beer today you’re not Irish. Happy St Pat’s!!”
- “God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.” – Ed McMahon
- “Work is the curse of the drinking class.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Drinking beer doesn’t make you fat, it makes you lean…Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.” – Gerard Way
- “An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth.”
- “I only take a drink on two occasions – when I’m thirsty and when I’m not.” – Brendan Behan
Famous Irish Proverbs for St Patty’s Day
Luckily, the Irish are not shy when it comes to speaking their minds. They can be proud of their cultural heritage, which includes a big variety of St Patty’s Day sayings and proverbs. This collection of Irish proverbs is ideal for a celebration of St Patty’s Day. These proverbs are short in length, but they represent cultural wisdom and knowledge. The proverbs of the Irish have stuck around for so long, that’s why you can learn something new from them.
- If you’re enough lucky to be Irish… You’re lucky enough!
- May the roof above us never fall in. And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
- May your heart be light and happy, may your smile be big and wide, and may your pockets always have a coin or two inside.
- The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
- May the enemies of Ireland never meet a friend.
- A drink precedes a story.
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.
- Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away. But never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.
Remarkable St Patrick’s Day Puns and Jokes
What is the main source of humor on St Patrick’s Day? Of course, it’s the Irish love for alcohol, that’s why the typical puns and jokes poke fun at their habit of drinking beer. Actually, the biggest amount of St Patrick’s humor is revealed through toasts made by the Irish during the celebration. If you desire to get a taste of the Irish sense of humor, observe these amazing puns and jokes below.
- My wife made me a green hamburger today to celebrate St Patrick’s Day. I asked her how she colored it and she said she didn’t know what I was talking about.
- Lucky like a four leaf clover.
- Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day? Regular rocks are too heavy.
- What do the Irish dream about? Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with his gang of leprechauns.
- Irish you a happy St. Patrick’s day!
- Get your Irish on.
- May the luck be with you.
- Wish you were beer.
Happy St Patrick’s Day Images with Wishes
You can’t deny the fact that St Patrick’s Day is a fun holiday to spend in a company with good friends and family. There is a wonderful tradition to send beautiful images to wish Happy St Patty’s Day. They usually include shamrocks, a pot of gold, leprechauns and four-leaf clovers. Do you want to follow this custom? Then browse through this list of happy St Patrick’s Day images, pick up the best wishes and share them on any social media outlets to cheer everyone dear for you.