- 1 Inspirational Quotes about Dance
- 2 Short Quotes about Dance by Famous Dancers
- 3 Motivational Quotes about Dance and Life
- 4 True Quotes and Sayings about Dance to Send to Your Friends
- 5 Impressive Quotes about the Love to Dancing
- 6 Good Dance Team Quotes for Dancers
- 7 Helpful Quotes For A Dance Teacher
- 8 Funny Quotes on Dance With Pictures
Do you agree with the statement that a dance is an art? What if we offer you another definition of a dance? Dance is the state of your mind and soul! In fact, dancing is a universal thing: we may dance, because we are happy, or we dance to become happy. It’s also possible to dance when you are sad as well as to break up the boredom. Isn’t it funny?
Dance is life at its best! We express ourselves by dancing. Everything we feel can be reflected in different movements. Don’t think that only dancers can dance attractively. You don’t need to be a professional dancer to enjoy the dancing process! Don’t look for a teacher to be free in a dance. It doesn’t matter if you do it well or not, you should always dance for your own pleasure, not for other people’s entertainment. Short phrases about a dance along with famous sayings and attractive pictures will reveal deep secrets, connected with the dancing!
Our dancing movements (graceful or not) are the best way to express ourselves without saying any words! People are free to choose any dancing language they want: soft and delicate, fierce or powerful. Everything depends on the hidden message they want to send to others. Anyway, you shouldn’t restrain yourself and your emotions! Want to dance? Just do it and let a creative quotation on dance inspire you!
As a rule, it never takes too much to get people to dance. However, you may meet a little bit shy people who will never agree to dance in public and demonstrate their feelings. In this case, some effective quotes for inspiration in dancing will come in handy! A few inspirational words may be really powerful in case you want your friends (or, perhaps, a girl) to loosen up! Don’t know what to say? Motivational dance quotes are equally useful for dancers as well as ordinary people!
In this post you will find tons of great dance quotes for different needs! Want to express your love to dance through Instagram or other social networks? The following quotes will do their best! Using sayings about dancing by famous dancers, you have a chance to ask somebody to dance and don’t be turned away… Look for more other expressions which you’ll definitely need sooner or later:
Inspirational Quotes about Dance
When you feel too tired of your daily routine, it’s exactly the time to take some rest. Do you know an effective way to relax and lighten up for free? Try dancing! No, it’s not a joke! One simple dance can bring more pleasure and use than medicine or alcohol. Start with inspirational quotes about dance to know more!
- Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching. – Satchel Paige
- The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. – Alan Watts
- Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free. – Rumi
- Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance. – Oprah Winfrey
- Dance with the flowers of enlightenment—then watch as your mind and body blossom as you begin to harvest the fruits of self-progression and self-realization. – Natasha Potter
- Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order. – Samuel Beckett
- There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good. – Edwin Denbyt
- If you stumble, make it part of your dance.
- And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. – Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- Every dance you make belongs to you. It is part of your collection. When you think of it like that, you’ll want to make your next routine the best you’ve ever made! – Torron-Lee Dewar
- Dance is for everybody. I believe that the dance came from the people and that it should always be delivered back to the people. – Alvin Ailey
- He who cannot dance puts the blame on the floor. – Hindu Proverb
Short Quotes about Dance by Famous Dancers
Who knows more about a dance than famous dancers do? Dancers are the only people who have a chance to know the truth about dancing. No matter if this truth good or bad, because they cannot change it. Today you are lucky to be the one who will get a piece of information from short quotes, shared by famous dancers!
- The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word. – Mata Hari
- Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense. But I don’t agree with that because policeman don’t have to look beautiful at the same time. – George Balanchine
- I do not try to dance better than anyone else does. I only try to dance better than myself. – Mikhail Baryshnikov
- Dancing is like taking a mini vacation from the stress of the everyday you have to be in the moment. – Ofelia De La Valette
- Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion. – Martha Graham
- Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on. – Michael Jackson
- Dance is a song of the body. Either of joy or pain. – Martha Graham
- Do it big; do it right; and do it with style. – Fred Astaire
- Dancing with a spinal cord injury is a challenge like no other, but I aspired to prove to myself that I could still be phenomenal dancer even with an SCI. – Sarah Todd Hammer
- Dance is one of the most revealing art forms. – Mikhail Baryshnikov
- Girls love guys who dance, and I’m definitely going to be the first one on the dance floor. Usually, you just see guys sitting around, but I definitely don’t hold back when it comes to dancing. – Jacob Artist
- Dancing is just discovery, discovery, discovery. – Martha Graham
Motivational Quotes about Dance and Life
Do you feel the lack of motivation to start dancing? Think that dance isn’t as useful as people think? It’s up to you to think in this way. In fact, you don’t know even the half of the truth. A dance brings a completely different life! Dip into the world of dance with the help of the following motivational quotes:
- There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. – Vicki Baum
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. – Wayne Dyer
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Vivian Greene
- Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time. – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- Dance is the hidden language of the soul of the body. – Martha Graham
- Socrates learned to dance when he was 70 because he felt that an essential part of himself had been neglected.
- Dancing – however you do it, even if it’s in your living room – is a great workout. – Ciara
- Dance is the timeless interpretation of life. – Shah Asad Rizvi
- Dance from your heart and let your passion shine through.
- Without dance, I can’t feel my soul, hear my heart, or see my dreams.
- Dancing is the poetry of the foot. – John Dryden
- Take more chances. Dance more dances.
True Quotes and Sayings about Dance to Send to Your Friends
Do your friends like dancing as you do? Are they ready to share your joy from a dance? If you’re happy to have sincere and understanding friends, don’t go by these wonderful quotes and sayings about a dance! Be sure: your friends will remember all of them forever!
- I think if you can dance and be free and not embarrassed, you can rule the world. – Amy Poehler
- People have asked me why I chose to be a dancer. I did not choose. I was chosen to be a dancer, and with that, you live all your life. – Martha Graham
- You can dance in the storm. Don’t wait for the rain to be over before because it might take too long. You can do it now. Wherever you are, right now, you can start, right now; this very moment. – Israelmore Ayivor
- It doesn’t matter if I’m off the beat. It doesn’t matter if I’m snapping to the rhythm. It doesn’t matter if I look like a complete goon when I dance. It is my dance. It is my moment. It is mine. And dance I will. Try and stop me. You’ll probably get kicked in the face. – Dan Pearce
- You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams. And I know if I can make you smile by jumping over a couple of couches or running through a rainstorm, then I’ll be very glad to be a song and dance man. – Gene Kelly
- Forget your troubles and dance. – Bob Marley
- Sing with the showers and dance with the flowers.
- Close your eyes, breathe and just dance.
- Dance isn’t something that can be explained in words. It has to be danced. – Paige Arden
- When in doubt, dance it out.
- Dance music is my love, is my passion, is my life. I live for my fans and take my art very seriously. – Steve Aoki
- Dance is like wine; it matures with every performance. – Alarmel Valli
Impressive Quotes about the Love to Dancing
Have you ever heard that love and dance are closely connected? Do you think it’s a joke? Nothing like this! Love is a definite kind of feeling; dance is a special way to express all your feelings. What about the love to dancing? It’s everything you need to be happy! Quotes about love and a dance will surely interest you!
- If a man doesn’t know how to dance he doesn’t know how to make love, there I said it! – Craig Ferguson
- I like Dancing of Indian girls more than my parents’ prayers . Because they dance with love and passion. But my parents just say their prayers because they got used to it. – Ali Shariati
- To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love. – Jane Austen
- Unless you enjoy life passionately, you cannot be a good artiste. Practice what you like, be it sports or dancing. – Sarita Choudhury
- I absolutely love to relax and have fun. I like socializing; I like chatting. I like dancing, mixing with friends. – Gwendoline Christie
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. – Dave Barry
- Life is better when you dance.
- Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair… – Susan Polis Schutz
- Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world. – Voltaire
- If you want to release your aggression, get up and dance. That’s what rock and roll is all about. – Chuck Berry
- In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance. – Louise Brooks
- Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals. – Charles Baudelaire
Good Dance Team Quotes for Dancers
Not all people are able to understand the necessity of the work in a team. The same is also true for the team dancing! When you dance with somebody, you are not two separate people, you’re one team! Want to make your dance perfect? Find the way to mutual understanding. It’s easy to do if you share some good quotes about a dance with your partner. Both of you will like them!
- Dancers are the messengers of the gods. – Martha Graham
- Dance every performance as if it were your last. – Erik Bruhn
- We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams. – Albert Einstein
- Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It’s the rhythm of your life. It’s the expression in time and movement, in happiness, joy, sadness and envy. – Jacques D’Amboise
- The truest expression of a people is in its dance and in its music. Bodies never lie. – Agnes de Mille
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. – Wayne Dyer
- When you dance and move around it creates a different reaction from the audience – they love it. – Adam Lambert
- To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak. – Indian Proverb
- We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. – Japanese Proverb
- In life as in dance: Grace glides on blistered feet.
- Even if you are not that good, dancing frees the body to float along with the music, and to cast off stress. – Byron Pulsifer
- Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.
Helpful Quotes For A Dance Teacher
You will not believe, but words may be more effective than people. Sometimes, even the most experienced teachers cannot explain to you some easy things. In this case, you’d better apply to quotes! Although quotes are made by people, they are more illustrative! Thus, dance quotes may teach you something new and unexpected!
- Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance. – Confucius
- I don’t want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. – George Balanchine
- To understand what I am saying, you have to believe that dance is something other than technique. We forget where the movements come from. They are born from life. When you create a new work, the point of departure must be contemporary life – not existing forms of dance. – Pina Bausch
- You don’t enter a dance studio and say “I can’t do that.” If you do, then why are you in the studio in the first place? – Judith Jamison
- You can be Eastern or Burmese or what have you, but the function of the body and the awareness of the body results in dance and you become a dancer, not just a human being. – Martha Graham
- Live like you’ll die tomorrow, work like you don’t need the money, and dance like nobody’s watching. – Bob Fosse
- Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It’s a miracle, and the dance is a celebration of that miracle. – Martha Graham
- Dance till the stars come down from the rafters. Dance, Dance, Dance ’till you drop. – W.H. Auden
- Dancing is the closest thing to magic.
- To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking. – Agnes de Mille
- The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing. – James Brown
- Dance is music made visible.
Funny Quotes on Dance With Pictures
Sometimes, you shouldn’t take things too seriously. Learn to see the fun in everything! A dance seems to have been created for fun and pleasure! Isn’t it? Funny pictures and cute quotes about a dace will put a smile on your face and cheer your friends up!