The Bible is filled with profound quotes on love, thoughtful scriptures on marriage and heartfelt wedding readings. The Bible is a place where everyone can find something useful and interesting to ensure a better life for yourself and your spouse as well. Almost every verse in the Bible about love and marriage can change your life.
A lot of couples when planning their nuptials turn to the Bible verses about marriage to prepare their wedding vow and make it more insightful. A lot of married couples look for sage advice about marriage in the Bible to build strong and healthy relationships. An awful lot of people lean in the Bible chapters to find inspiration and encouragement when they feel they’re a bit of crossroads or have difficult times in their marriage. As you see, it doesn’t really matter you’re going to get married or you’ve been married for a few months, several years or almost a lifetime, there’s still more to learn about how family life can be and the Bible scriptures on marriage can help in improving living together.
Marriage is hard work. That’s a certainty. When you merge your lives, interests, passions, and dreams to start a family, you need to be ready to face not only the good but also the bad. The Bible offers you wise biblical marriage verses that will help maintain a healthy marriage and give you strength and wisdom to overcome the difficulties of married life.
Here we’ve gathered a collection of the deepest biblical verses to provide you an awesome encouragement to move through your family life as well as remind you about the power of love and the importance of the marriage covenant. Read on these inspirational Bible quotes about marriage and be sure they can help you build a successful family unit.
Bible Verses About Marriage
The Bible is not a book about marriage. At least, this Holy Book is not exactly or directly about marriage. It is a book about God, about people, about how God saves people and about the death of Jesus Christ.
However, there are so many Bible passages devoted to the biblical roots of marriage and the significance of a sacred union between a man and a woman. So what does God say about marriage? Actually, a lot! Below you’ll find a list of blessed Bible verses on marriage to ensure the stability of your connection.
- But you say, ‘Why does he not?’ Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant. – Malachi 2:14-15
- Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24
- Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. – 1 Peter 3:7
- Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised. – Song of Solomon 8:6-7
- It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife. – Proverbs 21:9
- An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones. – Proverbs 12:4
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. – 14:27
Bible Verses About Love
Love is the greatest feeling in the world and perhaps the only thing that unites all of the human beings. Love inspires us, encourages us, lightens our hearts and makes us better people. But at the same time, love can also be confusing. If you need some wisdom and reassurance, it is time to turn to the Scripture, to the verse of the Bible about love.
There are so many quotes about marriage and love in the Bible. Look at the most famous ones to know the true meaning of love in the marriage and reveal your heart not only to your spouse but to everyone around you. Find the most powerful verse in Bible about love and keep it always at hand.
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. – 1 Peter 4:8
- Do everything in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:14
- And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. – Colossians 3:14
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. – 1 John 4: 18-19
- Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. – Romans 13:8
- So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace. – Song of Solomon 4:9
Bible Verses About Relationships
When you’re looking for ways to enhance your relationships within your family unit, you can always focus on the Bible verses for married couples about relationships and husband and wife Bible verse options. You can find out many helpful things about relationships from the verse in the Bible and grow in faith and love. These Bible verses about husbands and wives, about relationships between spouses can make you see how to improve your married life and how to build really loving relationships between your family members.
- But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you. – Ruth 1:16-17
- For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her. – Ephesians 5:25
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth. – Genesis 1:27-28
- Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, … – Ephesians 5:25-33
- Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. – Romans 12:10
- No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. – 1 John 4:12
- There are three things that amaze me – no, four things that I don’t understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman. – Proverbs 30:18-19
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching. – Hebrews 10:24-25
Bible Verses for Wedding Cards & Albums
Searching for the Bible verses for the wedding cards or albums is a usual process for wedding guests. If you’re not sure what to write in a wedding card or wedding album, you can take a look inside the Bible and find the appropriate message for congratulation. We’ve decided to help you and prepared a great list of the most charming quotes from the Bible on marriage and love. Check them out and choose the most heartfelt verses that’ll perfectly express your style and make your wedding card or album message unique and soulful.
- In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered. – 1 Peter 3:7
- For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ – Jeremiah 29:11
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. – Romans 12:9
- Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. – Proverbs 3:3
- Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other; but woe to one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help. Again, if two lie together, they keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone? And though one might prevail against another, two will withstand one. A threefold cord is not quickly broken. – Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
- People will not call you Deserted anymore. They will no longer name your land Empty. Instead, you will be called One the Lord Delights In. Your land will be named Married One. That’s because the Lord will take delight in you. And your land will be married. As a young man marries a young woman, so your Builder will marry you. As a groom is happy with his bride, so your God will be full of joy over you. – Isaiah 62:4
- Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. – John 4:7