When things aren’t going your way and you’re down, you need extra encouragement and support. So where can you find them? Of course, in the Bible and in your family or in a Bible verse about family.
Your faith in God and love for your family members give you the unlimited strength to get through hard periods and face all life’s challenges with dignity. The Bible says that family is a true masterpiece created by God and the purpose of this creation is to provide a safe place where you can experience God’s love and learn how to love other people.
Below is the best selection of Bible quotes about family love, family importance, family support and family happiness. These short God family quotes and long Bible verses about blessing of family can lift your spirit and faith as well as remember you the value of maintaining strong family bonds and unity.
Scriptures About Family
A lot of amazing Bible quotes about family can make you rethink your attitude to the family and realize what your family actually means to you. Check out the most insightful Bible sayings about family and don’t forget to use them in different aspects of your family life.
- “Your offspring shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south, and in you and your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed.” – Genesis 28:14
- “And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family. Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God.” – Acts 16:31-34
- “And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” – Genesis 1:28
- “Therefore thus says the Lord, Behold, I am planning against this family a calamity From which you cannot remove your necks; And you will not walk haughtily, For it will be an evil time.” – Micah 2:3
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – Corinthians 13:4-8
- “And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds, and he was baptized at once, he and all his family. Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God.” – Acts 16:31-34
- “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” – Timothy 5:8
- “For even your brothers and the household of your father, Even they have dealt treacherously with you, Even they have cried aloud after you. Do not believe them, although they may say nice things to you.” – Jeremiah 12:6
- “And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” – Ephesians 6:4
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” – Corinthians 13:4-7
Bible Verses About Family Strength and Family Unity
Inspirational Bible verses about family love, strength and unity can be very useful for you because you can find understanding and encouragement in them, especially when you’re going through the hard times. Among these profound Bible passages, you can get a great Bible verse about family problem, marriage and parenthood that will help you intensify your passion for your faith daily.
- “I in them and you in me – so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” – John 17:23
- “All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.” – Psalms 22:27
- “O Lord, my strength and my stronghold, And my refuge in the day of distress, To You the nations will come From the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood, Futility and things of no profit.” – Jeremiah 16:19
- “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” – Colossians 3:13-14
- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” – Ephesians 6:1-4
- “Reuben, you are my firstborn; My might and the beginning of my strength, Preeminent in dignity and preeminent in power.” – Genesis 49:3
- “And the Lord will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.” – Isaiah 58:11
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” – Proverbs 18:24
- “Ascribe to the LORD, O families of the peoples, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.” – Psalm 96:7
Family Prayer Quotes
If you’re looking for the powerful prayer for families scripture, focus on the family prayer quotes written by famous people collected below. Sharing these family prayers from the Bible with your nearest and dearest will help you remind them and yourself, first of all, God’s view on family and the most important parts of the Scripture on family and friends.
- “Let us love one another as God loves each one of us. And where does this love begin? In our own home. How does it begin? By praying together.” – Mother Teresa
- “Each family prayer, each episode of family scripture study, and each family home evening is a brushstroke on the canvas of our souls. No one event may appear to be very impressive or memorable. But just as the yellow and gold and brown strokes of paint complement each other and produce an impressive masterpiece, so our consistency in doing seemingly small things can lead to significant spiritual results.” – David A. Bednar
- “Family prayer is the greatest deterrent to sin, and hence the most beneficent provider of joy and happiness. The old saying is yet true: ‘The family that prays together stays together.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “We build deep and loving family relationships by doing simple things together, like family dinner and family home evening and by just having fun together. In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time. Taking time for each other is the key for harmony at home. We talk with, rather than about, each other. We learn from each other, and we appreciate our differences as well as our commonalities. We establish a divine bond with each other as we approach God together through family prayer, gospel study, and Sunday worship.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- “If we are practicing our faith and seeking the companionship of the Holy Spirit, his presence can be felt in our hearts and in our homes. A family having daily family prayers and seeking to keep the commandments of God and honor his name and speak lovingly to one another will have a spiritual feeling in their home that will be discernible to all who enter it.” – Dallin H. Oaks
Bible Verses About Family Relationships
You’re a religious person if you read this post and your religion gives meaning to your life. Here are a few thoughtful Bible verses about parents love and parenthood in general that can improve your family relationships and definitely make your family bonds stronger.
- “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” – Ephesians Verses 5:25
- “For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.” – Corinthians 7:14
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12
- “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.” – Romans 12:16
- “But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children’s children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.” – Psalm 103:17-18
- “Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.” – Colossians 3:18-21
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.” – Psalm 127:3-5
- “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” – Ephesians 4:29
- “Therefore if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.” – Matthew 5:24
- “but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head – Christ.”– Ephesians 4:15
- “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”– Proverbs 22:6