Saying Thank You as a positive reinforcement. A simple “Thank You” is a compassionate way to reward an action, behavior, or job well done. It is one of the most powerful forms of positive reinforcement. Saying “thank you” is gratifying. It also implies a certain behavior that occurs again to get more of the same reward. It’s reinforced. (1)
It can be easy to be critical of others, but it just might be more important to be appreciative.
Saying “Thank you” has personal positive effects. It is beneficial to both you and the person you are thanking. Research shows saying your thanks – your appreciation -- will make you feel better. It is good for your health, mood, and general well-being.
“If both parties are benefitting from this, I think that’s the type of action we should be pursuing more often in our everyday lives,” (2) says Amit Kumar of the University of Texas at Austin’s McCombs School of Business. You are actually doing yourself a favor each time you give someone a heartfelt thanks and you may not even know it.
Say “thank you” to your boss
Saying thanks has proven to be essential, but it sometimes can be awkward when saying it to your boss. You worry about finding the right words to use, the length, frequency and intent. Could your boss take it the wrong way?
Bringing the positive effects of appreciation and gratitude into the workplace leads to the “we’re in this together” mentality. This will help in bringing all of you together for success. (3)
Here are some tips:
- Be sure it is absolutely true. Make sure the words you are about to say are what you absolutely believe in. There can’t be any doubt.
- Focus on the person you are thanking, not just the act. instead of just saying thanks for this or that, for example, say something like, “Thank you, you’ve always been considerate and kind.”
- Say it privately. Surprise your boss with a simple thank you note or a message.
Thank You Card to Mentor
Are you are lucky enough to have a wonderful mentor? Then don’t miss a chance to send a thank you email. He or she will appreciate this small but sincere gesture. You don’t need a special occasion to write a thank you message to a mentor who deserves it. Here are some ways to express it:
- I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you for being my manager and mentor. You helped shape my career and professional life and showed me how to transform my mistakes into skills. I really appreciate everything you have taught me!
- You have been a great manager, mentor, teacher, and guide. Your support and advice has helped shape my professional career. Thanks for being the best boss ever!
- It is one thing to be a boss, another thing to be a mentor but a completely different thing to be a leader. We are proud to be led by a boss, mentor and manager like you. Thanks for everything.
- It really feels so amazing working in your positive environment. Working under your management is indeed a great opportunity for any individual like me. Thank you!
- I can never repay you for all that you've done — because of you, my entire career path has opened up. You are an inspiring teacher and a great mentor. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.
- Thank you dear mentor for showing me the right path and illuminating my mind. I will be grateful to you throughout my life.
- I want to thank you for all you have taught me in business. The knowledge and wisdom you have imparted upon me has been a great help and support throughout my career. I believe my success is at least in part due to your sincere support and mentorship.
- You have always been very instrumental in my career. I really appreciate your mentorship and guidance. Thank you so much.
- You inspired me during difficult times when I needed words of encouragement. You are a blessing in my life. Thanks for all your support and advice.
- Dear Mentor, Your entrepreneurial skill has endeared you into many hearts. Accept my heartfelt gratitude for your time, support, and patience.
- Thank you for listening, for guidance, for inspiration, for encouragement and most importantly... for being a mentor to me.
- Working with you is such a privilege, I got so much to learn from you in life. You have been there in all my strive. Thank you Sir for all your efforts, for all the while, Thanks again!
Thank You Quotes for Boss
Bosses are people who carry the most responsibility, teach and support members of their team. Here are some quotes you can choose from:
- Boss, nothing I can say will ever convey the amount of gratitude, I owe to you for showing me how to have the right attitude.
- Thank you for teaching me that every mistake is just a learning experience. I have learnt so much with you. Ever since I have been working for you, I found myself evolving both with respect to my career as well as a person.
- You are worthy of respect and admiration. Always full of energy and motivation. In tough times, you’ve cut us some slack. As a boss, we know you’ve always got out backs.
- Thank you for being less of a boss and more of a leader. Thank you dear boss for all the guidance!
- Thanks for being a Friend more than an angry manager. Thank for being a Mentor more than an arrogant leader. Thanks for being a Buddy more than a taskmaster. Thanks for being a Comrade more than an employer.
- Thank you, boss! Hard work has never been so fun; you make it easier to desire to do more. Thank you for being an inspiration.
- I have learned so much from you — and just when I think there isn't any more to learn, I learn something else! That just goes to show that you are an awesome boss and a great mentor. Thank you for all that you've done for me.
- I truly appreciate and value everything I have learned from you. It will forever remain a major contributor behind my success and achievements. I really look forward to the day I can do the same for someone else.
- Thank you for your mentorship! I could not have achieved this much if it was not your support and guidance.
- Each workday becomes survivable because of your praises. Thank you for recognizing my potential as an employee.
- You make me feel like a million bucks every time you ask me for my opinion on something important, although I know that sometimes you do it only to make me feel nice. Thanks for being such a wonderful boss.
Thank You Quotes to Supervisor for Encouraging Me
Tell your supervisor you appreciate his or her help. ‘You are encouraging me’ is a simple but significant phrase showing you understand you could hardly achieve career success without your mentor. Choose from quotes below, add some personal wishes and details, and you are all set:
- The success I’ve had in my career is due in no small part to your support and encouragement. I appreciate you so much and value everything that I have learned from you.
- Your leadership and words of encouragement mean a lot to me. I’m very grateful for the opportunities you have given me. Thank you once again for all your time and effort!
- The quality of your leadership has been an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for being a wonderful director.
- Thank you for all your support and encouragement, I hope that I can look forward to working with you again in the future.
- Thank you for all the encouragement and the guidance. Thank you for helping me grow in my career. May God bless you dear boss.
- Thank you for motivating me even when I wanted to give up. You have been a fantastic boss and I hope to learn much more from you in the coming years.
- I want to express my deepest gratitude for believing in me. You have been an excellent friend, teacher, mentor and a great inspiration for me. You have inspired me to pursue my goals with hard work and dedication. You have shown me the value of honesty, sincerity and trust in business.
- Being under your wing has been a blessing to my life. I hope you help someone else like you have really helped me.
- I'm so thankful that you are my supervisor. You are not just a leader to me, but you are also an inspiration. Your hard work has been my inspiration since I became a member of your stuff. Thank you.
- Thanks for putting pressure on me, being tough on me for my mistakes that were silly. Sometimes tough love is necessary, which is what I have learned in my career journey.
Appreciation Letter to Boss
We all want that reinforcement knowing our hard work is appreciated by co-workers. Just say ‘thank you for your guidance.” It will motivate and inspire them for further development!
- Dear Name,
I just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the opportunity you gave me to attend the professional development workshop in Orlando last week — and also for securing my travel and expense funding for this trip.
The workshop sessions were both informative and inspirational, and I’m looking forward to sharing the things I learned with our team. I feel confident that the processes I was introduced to will really improve our efficiency and increase our workgroup’s ownership of our projects.
Thank you for your confidence in me.
I’m sure you’re going to be pleased with the results.
- I will never know what it feels like to work under a boss who is annoying, grumpy, irritating and always angry. But this is one work experience that I am glad not to have had – all thanks to a boss like you.
- You are to us what Warren Buffet would be to an apprentice investor, Gordon Ramsay would be to an aspiring chef, David Beckham would be to an aspiring footballer and Brad Pitt would be to an aspiring actor – Demigod. Thanks boss.
- Boss, at work, you are the answer to all our problems and questions. Thank you for being our very own Google.
- I really appreciate how you have always been so friendly and supportive of all of my efforts even when they are slightly misguided. Working for you has been very enjoyable and I have learned and grown a lot. Thank you!
- Accept my heartfelt appreciation message. Thank you for your kindness and help. May God bless you abundantly!
- Thanks for putting up with me for so long. You have been a miraculous teacher and boss and I am forever grateful for the generosity you have shown me.
- Your integrity as a manager is admirable. Thank you for showing me exactly what kind of boss I hope to be in my new job.
- I am truly thankful to you, as you have given me an appraisal and such a good compliment. I promise that I will strive hard and contribute to your company. I will do my best so that you feel proud and our company gets all the success. Thank you for being such a wonderful boss that you are.
- As we continue to work with your day by day, we begin to understand and appreciate your vision for the company. Thank you for always being supportive of our creative projects.
Thank You Note to Boss Images