Love is one of the most mysterious and complicated phenomena in the world of human emotions and feelings. It is love that makes us become mad with the object of our sentiments and act like a weirdo. It is love that makes us the super-humans, who are able to do everything for a person we have fallen in love with. Everyone saw the eyes of an enamored person – they are full of light, passion and a bit blind adoration. However, we should say that the true love cannot kill your rationality at all: it will be supplemented by the total understanding that your chosen one is the person you need, not only the person you want. A lot of people suppose that their desires coincide with their needs, but it only signifies that the person in love does not understand himself/herself and should better analyze his/her own soul before falling into the other. It can result in a lot of suffers because of unrequited love, conflicts, misunderstandings, etc. It is the power and gift, but it can be a curse and agony simultaneously.
The world saw a lot of the examples of an endless love and there exist so many written proofs of them! We have decided to familiarize you with some famous quotes about this amazing emotion and inspire you to feel it by yourself.
Amazing Quotes About Love
Those, who are in love, want to shout to the world that they are filled with the most beautiful feeling possible, and they make it by various ways. Someone starts writing poetries, someone finds out that they have a painting talent, and someone realized that he/she is able to write the whole stories and books about love. However, just one or two phrases is enough to express everything you want to. The people of wisdom try to say less but express more, and we have some proofs that it is possible to stay within a couple of words without the loss of emotions. Check these quotes about loving someone! We are sure that it is real, to talk about the deepest feelings and say enough for your beloved person to believe in your sentiments.
Some of these phrases were said by the people, who are experienced in love and now rest in Heaven and the history; the others belong to those, who still live among us and are the ordinary persons, who have already understood what is it, to be crazy for someone.
- “I know I am in love with you, because my reality is finally better than my dreams.” (Dr. Seuss.)
- “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” (Charles Dickens)
- “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and enkindles the great.” (Comte de Bussy-Rabutin)
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” (George Sand)
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” (Victor Hugo)
- “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” (Leo Tolstoy)
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” (Lao Tzu)
- “Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” (Jenn Proske)
- “Love is often the fruit of marriage.”
Nice Falling in Love Quotes
One can say that it is easier to love the mankind than to love a person. Of course, it is much more simple, as the mankind cannot constantly annoy you with the conflicts, shouting and offences; it cannot hurt you in a second, it cannot say that you are a loser, that you love not enough to feel this, that you are too insane to love you back. However, the true love starts with the phrase “love thy neighbor”, and it does not relate to the religious subjects if you are an atheist; it just means that before falling in love with a chosen one, you should learn how to love anyone. It is in our nature, to love permanently, to love the whole world and find the peace in every minute. Some of the couples can suppose that they receive enough tranquility in their relationships (though they have so many troubles between the each other, that we cannot talk about the tranquility at all). But think about how many pleasant and calming moments you can have, if loving everything that you see and everyone who you know. The sayings we present you on this page will motivate you to think deeply about the love phenomenon in general.
- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” (Thomas Haynes Bayly)
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.”
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” (Helen Keller)
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” (Marilyn Monroe)
- “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” (Joan Crawford)
- “The difference between sex and love is that sex relieves tension and love causes it.” (Woody Allen)
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” (Dr. Seuss)
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” (T. Tolis)
- “He who wants to do good, knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gates open.” (R. Tagore Thakur)
Truly Inspirational Love Quotes
A man, who never loved, is an unhappy one. A lot of people can disagree with this very thought, as love can be cruel and rough; though it is still motivational feeling. Remember, how joyful you were when had a person you could express all your feelings to, when you had “the ears” which eagerly listened to you, when you could trust without being betrayed, when you were able to fly – literally, of course, but this feeling cannot be confused with another one. However, love never gives without taking something. In other words, you should pay for the happiness you have, otherwise, you will lose it immediately, if stopping looking after its state and intensity. This is interesting, how short the love can be if you forget about it. Some poets compare this emotion to a gentle flower, that needs attention, protection, and light; they were killingly right, as only the healthy, strong and loved flower can live forever, please the eye, and truly inspire you to plant a huge amazing garden with your soulmate.
- “Not all who make love, make marriages.”
- “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” (Angelita Lim)
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.” (Stephen Chbosky)
- “Give in to love, or live in fear.” (Jonathan Larson, “Rent”)
- “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.” – Johnny Depp)
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” (Robert A. Heinlein)
- “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” (John Green)
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” (Elbert Hubbard)
- “One who marries for love alone will have bad days but good nights.”
Great Love Phrases
The great love is always based on the respect, attentiveness, and patience. The couples, who have been living together for more than forty years say that these are the three main rules to share the house for a long time, as the personal problems, everyday routines, and tiny annoying details can make mad even the most tolerant person in the world. Moreover, the coupledom can turn to be a real challenge to the young minds – those, who are accustomed to the life with the parents, will experience the huge stress, as the responsibility we should take when living together is a heavy burden that can be carried only by the adults with developed personalities. We cannot avoid taking this burden, as it is vitally important for the relationships and a cozy atmosphere in the house, where you can relax and feel safe because of your partner, who is able to take the burden, if you are tired. Such a propping up is one of the most beautiful parts of love, and the quotes that we placed below really motivate you to be strong and do not be scared of the responsibility.
- “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” (Euripides)
- “The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.” (Elie Wiesel)
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” (Jane Austen)
- “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” (Brad Henry)
- “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” (Robert Fulghum
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” (Mignon McLaughlin)
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” (Pablo Neruda)
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” (Mother Teresa)
- “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” (Loretta Young)
World Famous Love Quotes
The famous people tend to talk a lot about the endless questions like “what does it mean, being fallen in love?”. We, in our turn, tend to believe their opinion, if believe their intelligence and experience – we can see them through the media. Their past, present and future plans are discussed every day on the television, radio and the Internet, so we can easily conclude whether they lie or just making a stupid guesswork. Thus, we can certainly develop our own experience through listening and reading their thoughts, and avoid making terrible and hurting mistakes. The wise people learn from the other experiences, right? We want you to be among those wiser heads and present you some of the wonderful ideas from the actors, writers, singers, etc.
- These are the best words of love by the reliable famous people that we could find. Enjoy our collection and create your own one, as there cannot be too many perfect quotes!
- “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” (Neil Gaiman)
- “Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.” (Oscar Wilde)
- “In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.” (Mignon McLaughlin)
- “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” (Loretta Young)
- “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” (Peter Ustinov)
- “Love is a great beautifier.” (Louisa May Alcott)
- “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.’” (Tom Hanks)
- “Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.” (John Lennon)
- “Love cannot save you from your own fate.” (Jim Morrison)
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” (William Shakespeare)
Sweet What Is Love Quotes
What is love? How can we find it? How can we say that we love? How can we understand that we really love a person and that he or she loves us back?
There are so many questions, connected with the love issue. A lot of philosophers, lovers and ordinary people ask themselves these questions at least once a life, as it is totally impossible not to feel affection to somebody and live the life alone and in cold. Yes, only the mutual love can bring happiness into your soul, but there are, unfortunately, the cases of painful brush off, and people try to negate every sentiment from their head to get rid even of the possibility that such a suffering can return. In other words, they refuse to love in future. Well, we are not sure that it is real, to make ourselves not to feel at all; we are the highly emotional creatures and the sensations still rule us. Additionally, we did not reach the needed mental level to correct our psychological state. Do not torture yourself with the unbearable actions; let your energy flow lightly and cure your broken heart, and we will help you to forget about your pain with these sweet quotes about love.
- “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it—always.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” (A. A. Milne)
- “Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination.” (Voltaire)
- “Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn’t breaking. It hurts because it’s getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.” (Rita Mae Brown)
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” (André Gide)
- “Love: a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.”
- “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” (Lord of The Rings)
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” (Leo Christopher)
- “I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” (Pablo Neruda)
- “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” (Sarah Dessen)
Good Love Quotes
The love often mistakes. The eyes of an enamored person are filmed with the emotions that prevent him/her from seeing the truth clearly. We have said above that we cannot make ourselves feel the way we want, but we still can grow mentally to make our rationality stronger. It will prevent us from falling in love with a cruel person, or just with the one we do not harmonize with. The harmony is also needed in the relationships, and it can be achieved only with the brain and heart coming to the agreement. If you realize that you do not only love a man or woman but also understand, why you do – this is the right choice. We only hope that your choice will be answered sincerely and passionately. Then you will be able to tell how much you love your sweetheart and make it by all means. Remember, that you can keep silent and just prove your feelings with the actions, although it is important to say “I love you”. There is no matter how long your igneous speech is. You can use short and simple quotes; you can keep a long monologue – the aim is the same: to make your beloved one feel appreciated.
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- “Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” (“Notting Hill”)
- “Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.” (Mother Teresa)
- “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.” (Richard Bach)
- “Love must be as much a light as it is a flame.” (Henry David Thoreau)
- “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever – only, nothing is eternal.” (Audre Lorde)
- “Love dies only when growth stops.” (Pearl S. Buck)
- “Love is like the wind; you can’t see it but you can feel it.” (Nicholas Sparks)
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” (Herman Hesse)
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” (Ann Landers)
Best Motivational Love Quotes
The power of love is manifested in the fact that it can open the dignity of a person, awaken something beautiful in his or her soul. If you are still not in love or your feelings were rejected, we can certainly say that you suffer from the inability to express your feelings, as they are not met. Love is accumulating in your soul and then makes your mind mad. In such circumstances you need to make a deep breath and… stop thinking. It sounds impossible, but hey, you still can try, right? It can look weird, but if you make your consciousness to shut up, your feelings will be also silenced. There is an invisible connection between our brain and our mind, and if you understand how it works, you will open the huge part of yourself!
- However, it needs a lot of practice and willpower. We understand that, probably, no one will sit calmly on the floor, meditating and trying to train the brain, when the heart aches and shouts from the pain. Thus, a rejected person needs an emergency aid. Here we are with our nice quotes about love which will repair your broken soul!
- “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.”
- “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible – it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” (Barbara De Angelis)
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” (Oscar Wilde)
- “Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world.” (Mary Oliver)
- “Years of love have been forgot, in the hatred of a minute.” (Edgar Allan Poe)
- “Nobody can predict the future. You just have to give your all to the relationship you’re in and do your best to take care of your partner, communicate and give them every last drop of love you have. I think one of the most important things in a relationship is caring for your significant other through good times and bad.” (Nick Cannon)
- “Love is quite simply a natural high.”
- “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” (Zoe Kravitz)
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” (Aristotle)
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” (When Harry Met Sally)
Wonderfully Positive Love Quotes
Still and all, love is an unexplainable phenomenon. It comes when we do not wait, and leaves when we want it to stay. Love is the most complicated, paradoxical and enigmatic thing that changes the reality and makes it burst with colors, emotions, and happiness, if mutual. Love is a feat, a sacrifice, the apex of the human soul’s development. Love is the eternal source of inspiration and positive changes in life. Let’s do not talk about the negative moments, leave them to rest in peace and believe that you will enjoy the true love without the destructive effects. Though, you will get such a perfect love only if you are a respecting, reliable and bold person, who is able to take the liability for your relationships. To make you think positively about your feelings – past, present or future ones – we want to leave here some of the wonderfully cool love quotes. Check out the last pack of our sayings about the most beautiful phenomenon in the world.
- “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” (John Wooden)
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” (Plato)
- “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” (Franklin P. Jones)
- “Him that I love, I wish to be free – even from me.” (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)
- “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- “If a thing loves, it is infinite.” (William Blake)
- “He is not a lover who does not love forever.” (Euripides)
- “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” (H. Jackson Brown, Jr.)
- “I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you’d been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met you, you’ve never left.”
- “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’” (Erich Fromm)